CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bigbadmarty2

12th June 2012, 23:37
Its all to do with Le Carre's Tinker Tailor trilogy - moles in the security service etc .

The mole is a Bill Hayden who is also sleeping with Alec Guiness's wife

The hon, schoolboy is the second (and best) part about shennanigans in the far east and I got a bit mixed up ... its been a while :)
61 of 86  -   Report This Post

rambler

13th June 2012, 08:03
Good morning, Rosalind. Three more hills this morning - one large, two small. Yesterday mrs rambler brought back 500ml of meths (my still has been confiscated, aristo). I'm going to make up five 20% strength doses today and pour down molehill sites. I confess I'm sceptical but I shall report back...
62 of 86  -   Report This Post

rosalind

13th June 2012, 08:34
Thank you for enlightenment bbm.

I half-expected a report of more molehills, rambler, but I thought it would perhaps be after treatment yesterday evening. Phew. Let's hope that by this time tomorrow there are some very unhappy moles near Boston (Lincs, not Mass!)And a Happy Rambler.
63 of 86  -   Report This Post

rambler

13th June 2012, 09:55
Sorry to mislead you, Rosalind but I haven't put anything in the ground for a week so the meths test should be fair. Another hill had appeared since my last post so I could see the little bugger was moving in an east/west direction this morning. I've done four doses starting at the most easterly site and moved westwards treating three more holes. The mole is probably at the western end of the lawn where the scissor trap is located. We'll see what happens...
64 of 86  -   Report This Post

emrach

13th June 2012, 10:18
Apologies if this is deemed inappropriate by digressing but I was wondering if any one had advice on Sunflowers. All of mine have been eaten and I planted them in soil and covered the soil with pea pebbles to stop snails etc Again apologies if this is not acceptable within the Forum's etiquette
65 of 86  -   Report This Post

rosalind

13th June 2012, 10:25
Hi emrach. Slug pellets? Dead holly leaves/clippings also good
66 of 86  -   Report This Post

emrach

13th June 2012, 10:33
Thanks Rosalind have tried everything else but not dead holly leaves

Re Mole problem don't have any myself but asked my uncle and he puts down Spectracide Triazicide 3 times a year kills the food source (grubs) and it worked. Prior to that he soaked the runs but due to several hose pipe bans had to stop that.
67 of 86  -   Report This Post

rambler

13th June 2012, 10:45
Thanks, emrach.
68 of 86  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th June 2012, 13:11
Well, well, this has become THE place to air one's pest problems. I have a troublesome neighbor I'd like to get rid of. Any suggestions?
Rambler, perhaps you should take a leaf out of my woodchuck's tactics book and climb a tree; you may get a clearer picture from above (you know, the way long-buried towns have been revealed by raking sunlight), and you might even get in a good shot with your blowgun as a bonus.
When you said that Mrs. R was going to Boston for meths I thought for a moment that she might be involved in an international drug cartel, but then I of course remembered that you've adopted many of our New England town names for your own use and figured that you can find excellent drug deals without leaving the UK. By the way, I've thought about visiting Lincolnshire, but someone recently told me that it's full of crazed-looking weapon-wielders and that the whole place smells like a pissoir.
69 of 86  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

13th June 2012, 13:59
aristo, in reference to getting rid of your pesky neighbour....

Smother them with love and kindness,smile, hug, take gifts, suggest getting together, go OTT with friendliness and bon ami. It seems to me that in our strange times, being nice to someone is likely to make them run a mile!
70 of 86  -   Report This Post