CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

7th February 2012, 10:31
I have solved only 22d,41a, 39d and 14a(ooh matron!).Brain hurts. Might do the RT instead this morning. :)
31 of 111  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

7th February 2012, 15:24
Just finished, with one or two queries. Looking forward to the discussions!
32 of 111  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

7th February 2012, 16:36
I finished this last night and truly enjoyed it. I'm sure of all the answers but have something like nine queries (just slow on the uptake surely). I too had trouble with 29a; the word occurred to me but I had never heard it used intransitively (at least not with that sense), and when I finally looked it up I saw that it didn't say "Brit." (though of course it wouldn't in Chambers, would it?). It was my last entry, and I'm still mulling over it. I've tried to channel ixion's sinister spirit, twisting my mind up and letting some darkness into it, but to no avail as yet.
33 of 111  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

7th February 2012, 18:27
Aristo: try putting "mine" back into your answer, and with luck you'll have a synonym for one of the other words in the clue! I feel for you: I must have stayed up another long hour before it eventually dawned on me (bad metaphor here, I realize). Yours, gled.
34 of 111  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

7th February 2012, 18:42
That's just what I tried to do when I realized what the answer had to be. I must be especially dense, unless I do have the wrong word. Thanks, greedy. I'll fiddle with it again...
35 of 111  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

7th February 2012, 19:23
OK, Aristo: your "mine" consists of 3 letters, is very simple, and when inserted into the middle of your solution (which sounds to me like the right one)forms a word of Latin origin describing a noise! There now? I don't like to watch people suffer so long!
36 of 111  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

7th February 2012, 19:33
Oh, good Lord. I was trying to use "mine" itself. Of course I get it now. I'm working on the voodoo doll, and trying to imagine what ixion looks like. I trust that safety pins are as effective as straight ones...
37 of 111  -   Report This Post

pastille

7th February 2012, 19:41
Been out all day, but away to have another go...I think I will be the last one to finish.
38 of 111  -   Report This Post

theambler

7th February 2012, 20:02
Hi all Really good to see everyone ENJOYING THEMSELVES.
ME????? My printer packed up so a bit awkward --- I do need a scribble copy.
Looking forward to the DISCUS ( but not the Javelin) Haha
ATB THEA
39 of 111  -   Report This Post

wendy

7th February 2012, 22:28
Pastille, don't panic.

I've still got gaping holes in mine but little-by-little I'm chipping away at it.

Hope Les40 tells all soon before I need to up my BP tablets!!
40 of 111  -   Report This Post