CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lionheart

7th February 2012, 01:34
Don't worry ixion, I'll have a look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow...this is assuming I've got all surrounding words correct ;)
21 of 111  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

7th February 2012, 01:37
Too early to give a hint for 17a. Wait till... Oh, say 18:49 Pacific Time. :)
22 of 111  -   Report This Post

lionheart

7th February 2012, 01:47
Not sure if that's a cryptic clue within a cryptic comment but I now have brainache lol

I will continue to stare at 17a until the aforementioned hour ;)
23 of 111  -   Report This Post

les40

7th February 2012, 03:38
Morning all,

Only just got chance to check in, been doing assignment for college (needs to be completed for Wednesday) I feel better now though, seems a few are having a touch of difficulty on a few clues, which is a good thing really at this stage, had a message from AB and he's finished too. I'm really impressed, I thought that it would be a struggle with the varied wordplay and skillful wizardry (is that a word).
I here people saying it's harder than last month, I thought that it was far more challenging for the field.
I have an idea where the question marks are, well some of them anyway.
I'm off to bed in a minute and working at dinnertime tomorrow, so I will post the CLUELESS before I go but wont be home until just after 8pm, the judging will have to be deferred if that's ok, unless I get my hands on a laptop.
Cheers, Les40

PS. any sign of jamoza yet, hope he's ok.
24 of 111  -   Report This Post

les40

7th February 2012, 03:39
I'm an idiot

"I hear people"
25 of 111  -   Report This Post

syzygy

7th February 2012, 05:23
Late to the party. Just after work, & 8 hour time-zone behind.

Some nice tough ones.
ixion, your coy antics could work in the Houses of Parliament (30D), but I totally agree. (-;
Well done!

26 of 111  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

7th February 2012, 06:59
Especially to Ixion, Lionheart: that's funny! I thought you'd find mine too easy (won't give any hints yet),after the proverbial penny eventually dropped on that baby image in 29 around 2 am local time! I must return the compliment: fiendishly clever ! And there was me hours earlier about to enquire if you hadn't made a little mistake in French in 22 --- how could I even think that! In short, truly brain-WRECKING, not really masochistic, since the pleasure comes after the pain, not with it!!! All is forgiven!!!
27 of 111  -   Report This Post

jws

7th February 2012, 09:29
Great crosword this. I'm now about half done. Mainly the left hand side to go.
28 of 111  -   Report This Post

helenb

7th February 2012, 10:14
Thoroughly enjoyable, how clever you all are, I have only managed about one third and most of the LHS requires attention. What with this and Clueless coming up not to mention Jolan's 5 at 5 there wont be much snow clearing done today.
29 of 111  -   Report This Post

rosalind

7th February 2012, 10:23
Hospital A and E departments fill up with people having heart attacks/slipping while clearing snow, so don't worry about it Helen!
I've only done one clue and not even Pastille's wonderful 14 ac, so am well out of my depth. Waiting for the discussion so I can try to improve.
R
30 of 111  -   Report This Post