CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

5th January 2012, 19:07
Revised rules to follow;
21 of 82  -   Report This Post

paul

5th January 2012, 19:08
A new contest for midweek;

The idea (like Clueless) is to set a cryptic clue to a given answer.

The twist is everyone who posts a clue gets to comment on the clues AND vote for the winner (not yourself). Multiple entries are welcome. You MUST post a clue for your vote to count. One vote per contestant – please state the post number you are voting for.
The entry with the most qualifying votes wins and sets next week’s PEER REVIEW. In the event of a tie the setter chooses the winner.

There is 1 day time frame. Your clue must be posted by 1.30pm Friday; voting opens at 1.30pm Friday. The voting deadline is 4.30pm Friday, the winner to be announced shortly afterwards. The setter donates an online prize.

This week I'll kick off early with PEER REVIEW CLUE 1 -

FRIENDSHIP

Hope you enjoy the game!

22 of 82  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

5th January 2012, 22:22
Top-end Hifi turnover reduced for eminent scientists,then cut completely --- all in the name of camaraderie.
23 of 82  -   Report This Post

trevor

6th January 2012, 05:33
Thank you Wendy.

Literary man - Man Friday(shortened gives Fri - ...yes i know!!! but i've seen worse??,
dies - Ends
in - (trendy) Hip
company(10).

there now, i feel like i've bared my metaphoric buttocks metaphorically and now it is your turn(any chance of a pic?).

i guess Renown is a ref to the Ship?

when push comes to shove i think we can rely on eachother. ;-) wink wink.
;-)

24 of 82  -   Report This Post

rosalind

6th January 2012, 08:11
Trevor
Is the "literary man" a convention for Man Friday? Just wondered as collecting them (yes, should get out more).
I've just realised I don't actually want to vote in public, but there are a couple of clues I think are brilliant.
R
25 of 82  -   Report This Post

wendy

6th January 2012, 08:54
Trevor,

Renown is indeed the Ship.

I don't think I'm going to be able to vote as I have to be at harbour to board ship at 2pm. (That doesn't mean you can't vote for me though!)
26 of 82  -   Report This Post

francis

6th January 2012, 13:26
My vote goes to Wendy post 6.
27 of 82  -   Report This Post

wendy

6th January 2012, 13:30
My vote is for Torquemada post3
28 of 82  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th January 2012, 13:36
My vote for post 19, nice image.