CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magworth

14th October 2011, 08:36
before I`d filled in any answers I thought `two dots? That`ll be a colon, then` !
Jazzgirl - how are you getting on with the Enigma? Usually I can find `e` then it becomes clear. This week I could only be sure of `s`.
The Times often gives three letters, so it`s pretty easy.
51 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

14th October 2011, 08:45
Welcome gypsygirl
Always good to see a new member of this elite RT club!
Magworth, I have given up on the enigma for this week. Having torn off the part of the page where the solution lies ,I was unable to peek, so I am finding it impossible with just the P. I thought 3 might have been z, as there was a double on 11 across, but even that is giving me grief! I need to get some fresh air today and will go off with my camera and try to sort my brain out!!
52 of 65  -   Report This Post

magworth

14th October 2011, 13:12
Jazzgirl. Well, I peeked and found the first word is `spite`. That gave me enough essential letters to work it out. There is, indeed, a double `z`in two crossing words.
Happy encoding !
53 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

14th October 2011, 15:25
Thanks Magworth.
That's a great help. But I am putting the Enigma aside for today.
Too much to do outdoors and brain hurting!
Plus I have still only finished 52% on the Macmillan quiz.
J

54 of 65  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

14th October 2011, 16:26
Hi, Mondrian.

Yes, I have been pretty well surrounded by the religious for a number of years. Quite good fun, betimes. I also have experience of offspring eschewing the ways of the holy, while still being able to sing hymns from his dim and distant past. Perhaps if we had told them to steer clear of this particular way of life, they would have adopted it, just to prove that they were their own men.

Welcome aboard Gypsygirl. You are in good company.

Best wishes.

P
55 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

15th October 2011, 13:28
Oh! Caravaggio. Just had to come and offer my condolences on what happened this am in NZ. Your team `wis robbed` as I so often hear said in this part of the world! However by all accounts they played magnificently.

Old gal I do like your explanation for the infamous No 13D. It does somehow sound medical!!

Welcome gypsygirl. Before I contributed to this site I too often read these posts and then decided to take the plunge.

Roll on Tuesday and another puzzle. See you all then. Meantime have a nice weekend.
56 of 65  -   Report This Post

magworth

15th October 2011, 14:15
Mondrian. Though I`m now in exile - that was my team, too! In my youth I would be shopping in Queen Street (Cardiff) and hear the roars coming from what was then Cardiff Arms Park.
57 of 65  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

15th October 2011, 14:32
Good Afternoon, All.

I am not really into rugby or anything else that involves running about, but I did always like when Wales came up here, because they sang all the time. Lovely.

P
58 of 65  -   Report This Post

pastille

15th October 2011, 16:04
Pipesmoker...Thank you for making me smile.

Being half Welsh, I was gutted for Wales this morning

But it did remind me of the days when my father was alive we always used to have a 2/6 bet on any Scotland v Wales Fixture, and no matter what the outcome, I was subjected to days of recordings of various Male Voice Choirs.(full volume)

Probably why I have a soft spot for them.

Have a good weekend all.

p@
59 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

15th October 2011, 17:49
Mondrian:

It was nice of you to think of me and the debate will rumble on and on - and on... To play for 63 minutes with 14 men and only lose by one point was a tremendous effort from the boys and a nation is justifiably proud of them.

Pastille:

Your reminiscence about your father reminds me of mine because, when I was a boy, the radio was always re-tuned on a Sunday night to BBC Wales [or whatever it was then] so that the hymn-singing was in Welsh.

With kind regards,

Caravaggio
60 of 65  -   Report This Post