CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

11th October 2011, 22:21
Hi magsworth...the only one I sailed through was the 2 dots...

Only because my daughters name has them.
21 of 65  -   Report This Post

teapot

11th October 2011, 23:25
We used to have a cat called Mr Mog. We took him to the vet who said 'name?' My husband said ' Mr Mog' and the vet said 'and the cat's name?'
Just thought Mog might like to know that if she/he is around.

22 of 65  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

11th October 2011, 23:41
Good Evening, All.

Thank you for your good wishes.

RT42, as you say, wasn't too bad. I could see where the two dots clue was coming from, but did not know the word, so I had to cheat (shame on me).

Again, my apologies to Caravaggio for inventing a new word in my RT41 post.

Best wishes.

P
23 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th October 2011, 09:43
Good morning
I am nursing a sore throat, so no walk in the park today. It is rather grey here, and I am trying to solve the Autumn Quiz.
Magworth - which paper has the Enigma? Along with you and pipesmoker, I also had to check the spelling for the 2 dots, as I had only ever heard the German word. Well done pastille for knowing it.
Teapot - your tale of Mr Mog at the vet started my day well with a laugh.
Happy solving all
J
24 of 65  -   Report This Post

magworth

12th October 2011, 09:56
Morning Jazzgirl. It`s the Radio Times that has the Enigma code ! I always do that first to get my brain into gear - also the Egghead quiz and the Trackword. if you are careful you can pick out a short word from the Enigma solution without seeing any others. They only gave one letter this week - `p` and I just couldn`t start!
25 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th October 2011, 10:07
Thanks Magworth
As it's on the reverse of the Prize crossword, I seem to have overlooked it. I might have a go later.
26 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

12th October 2011, 11:56
Pipesmoker:

You're forgiven! It was curious that, on one particular site that I used, the word didn't appear but there were, I think, five suggestions and one of them was 'servant'.

Jazzgirl:

I'm sorry to learn that you're under the weather and I hope that your throat eases quickly. The skies are a lighter grey here today and there is a very fine drizzle so the gardening I have in mind will have to wait for a few days.

With best wishes to you both,

Caravaggio
27 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th October 2011, 12:29
Just checking in at lunchtime. Thanks for your kind wishes caravaggio. No sign of rain yet, so I managed to mow half of the grass.
Back to the Autumn Quiz later. Have only solved 27% so far :(
J
28 of 65  -   Report This Post

pastille

12th October 2011, 13:06
Hi jazzgirl,

If that is the Macmillan quiz, you are one ahead of me...I am enjoying it though.

Just a pity I'm rubbish at anagrams.

Take care

p@
29 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th October 2011, 14:00
Hi pastille
Yes I am doing the Macmillan Quiz. I've now done 32%. If you don't like anagrams, you should be able to get 29,30,37,14,83,94 and 75 is you haven't already ?
J
30 of 65  -   Report This Post