CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

12th October 2011, 14:01
*sore throat causing typo!
31 of 65  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th October 2011, 14:31
Hi, All.

Just thinking that we haven't heard from Charlieshuman for a while. Hope all is well.

I'm having a quiet day today, following a trip to 'the mainland' yesterday.

P
32 of 65  -   Report This Post

magworth

12th October 2011, 17:04
Jazzgirl. I hope your sore throat is soon better - it is a miserable condition.
33 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

13th October 2011, 12:31
Pipesmoker. Good to hear from you - hope all is well. Yes, I noticed that Charlies Human has been missing for a while but also Karen who has been such a regular contributor ever since I started here. Hope they come back soon.

Re crossword, I got on very well (one afternoon`s work) until No 13D and because of that No 22A. So as usual stuck. Any help out there?
34 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

13th October 2011, 12:48
Good afternoon Mondrian
I am just checking in while having lunch.
13D the answer is a word for "without a coastline " 22A is a rear part of the lower leg. Is this enough for starters ?
J
35 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

13th October 2011, 12:56
Have now found the answer to 13D and confirmed what I had for 22A so no need for help. 13A is a completely new word to me so don`t feel too bad about not getting.

Since first posting on this thread have been reading the entries for the previous Xword. I too (like Pipesmoker and The Joker) will be happy to sign the petition put out by Archbishop Conti. If you haven`t already guessed Mr Pipesmoker I am of the same persuasion as your Mrs P.
36 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

13th October 2011, 13:02
Thank you Jazz girl, but I thought `without ` coastline` was landlocked. Am I getting my crosswords mixed up or are you? Glad you got some good photos. I keep trying my hand at oil painting but not very good at photography, not that I am very good at oil painting, I may add!!!
37 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

13th October 2011, 13:09
Oh so sorry Mondrian. I had the wrong crossword lying on the desk! The correct one was on the sofa as I was trying to complete the enigma code on the reverse. I will try and get my brain back after a coffee. But am so pleased you have found the answer without my help.

Best wishes
Jazzgirl
38 of 65  -   Report This Post

old gal

13th October 2011, 15:48
I dont belong here! Am having trouble with this one and all you clever clogs who finish in 30 mins make me grumpy!!! Bah humbug.... Am struggling with 13d - have tried to find out name of two dots but cant. all the long multi word answers are eluding me also. Thank goodness I have just come back from some retail therapy! I may not be able to do crosswords but I have a Desigual tee shirt - ha ha!!!!!
39 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

13th October 2011, 16:13
Old Gal:

I just happen to have logged on and I've found a damsel in distress.

It's good to hear from you and, as it's you Old Gal, I'm actually going to give you the answer - it's diaeresis and I'm sure that the regular contributors won't object because we all know the battle you're winning.

Keep smiling!

With very best wishes,

Caravaggio
40 of 65  -   Report This Post