CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

13th October 2011, 16:40
I've just checked in and pleased to see you old gal. I am also relieved that caravaggio was helping you, as I am having a "dotty" day, having misdirected Mondrian to the wrong crossword, so goodness knows what I would have given you !
All my best wishes to you.
Jazzgirl

41 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

13th October 2011, 17:20
Old Gal. You most certainly DO belong here!!

That 13D stumped me too - a word I have never heard of - and I would never have got but for `Quick Solve`. Glad Caravaggio enlightened you.
42 of 65  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

13th October 2011, 17:21
HI, Mondrian.

Thanks for your note. I think the Archbishop's gentle voice might belie a steely chap underneath.

I was once at a SPUC conference when his predecessor, Cardinal Winning was present. I liked him very much. Different from Archbishop Conti in many ways, but never afraid to tackle issues head on.

Was also at a Divinity Faculty dinner once when Mrs P was doing her BD at Glasgow, and met Bishop Tartaglia (have I spelt that right?) That was before he became a Bishop. He was telling us about an interview with Kirsty Wark. He said she has a talent for making you say what she wants you to say.

Meanwhile, I turn up every Sunday, get a blessing, and return to my seat. If it doesn't do me any good, it certainly won't do me any harm.

Best wishes for now.

P
43 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

13th October 2011, 17:34
Mr Pipesmoker - you seem to have been surrounded by religious personnel. I too met Archbishop Conti and told him I had met him previously when he had confirmed my son, but that the latter had abandoned it all. Archibishop humbly said `Oh, I can`t have done a very good job then!` I assured him that if anyone hadn`t done a very good job it was probably me! I am sure Mrs P is thankful to have you by her side every Sunday
44 of 65  -   Report This Post

old gal

13th October 2011, 18:07
Well good grief - thanks Caravaggio, I never would have got that! It sounds like something I am suffering from as a result of the chemo...
45 of 65  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

13th October 2011, 18:21
Hi Old Gal. Nice to have you back and hope the chemo isn't too gruelling.x
46 of 65  -   Report This Post

charlotte

13th October 2011, 19:44
This is me just getting round to looking at RT42 this evening.

I had an inkling of the answer to 13D but didn't know how to spell it so checked the threads and found that Caravaggio had provided the answer. Many thanks!

Getting on quite well (is it easier this week?)but may need help later.

Charlotte
47 of 65  -   Report This Post

gypsygirl

13th October 2011, 20:46
Good evening everyone. My first attempt at leaving a message but I have been following you all for some time. At first I found this week really difficult but after reading that you all found it easy I tried again and suddenly had a breakthrough ! Now finished !
48 of 65  -   Report This Post

charlotte

13th October 2011, 22:40
GYPSYGIRL,

Welcome to the forum.

I also raced through RT42 in record time.I didn't have to ask for help this week.

Best wishes to all the regulars.

Charlotte
49 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

14th October 2011, 07:38
Charlotte:

You're welcome! It's much easier to spell umlaut but it didn't fit the number of squares...

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
50 of 65  -   Report This Post