CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wendy

4th October 2011, 15:36
Mondrian,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, I shall order it immediately.

If you haven't already read the Mma Ramotswe books by Alexander Mccall Smith - then I'm sure you'd enjoy them for the same reasons. Best to start at the beginning methinks, with

Tea Time for the Traditionally Built: The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency:

Amazon here I come. Many thanks again.
91 of 96  -   Report This Post

calliewag

4th October 2011, 18:50
Wendy, I think 'Teatime etc' is about no. 10 in the series. Yhe first one was just called 'The No.1 Ladies Detective agency'.
92 of 96  -   Report This Post

wendy

4th October 2011, 19:04
Calliewag,

Sure you're right. Should have remembered to drink my bush tea before speaking!
93 of 96  -   Report This Post

calliewag

4th October 2011, 19:12
interesting that Red Bush tea is fairly widely available now - I guess that might be because of the Alexander McCall Smith series.
94 of 96  -   Report This Post

wendy

4th October 2011, 19:23
Calliewag,

Red bush tea eh? One would hope it's proper leaves and not tea-bags. I feel pretty silly (not surprising I know) about posting the wrong name of the book as a starter - I thought I'd read them all 'til I had another look and I see there are a couple I've missed.

The Ms Pim was for sale at £0.01 and I paid £2.40 postage. No probs in the long run at all. Will await postie on Thursday!
95 of 96  -   Report This Post

mondrian

6th October 2011, 17:22
Wendy, thanks for the recommendation. I did enjoy the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency. I can hardly believe that a paperback book is for sale at 01p. I don`t do Amazon, but maybe I should!!
96 of 96  -   Report This Post