CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rickye

4th February 2024, 14:11
So it is, Candledave. Ty
31 of 97  -   Report This Post

mullingar

4th February 2024, 14:21
Well I guess this must have been on the easy side for some but not for me. Am I right in thinking there is a clash where 41ac meets 38 down? Can't make any sense of 31 ac where I have 1st 3rd and 5th though like someone else on here I can't parse 10d.
1d might be a big help. I feel reasonably confident about my last two letters and 24d looks solvable but the word of doubt has me scratching my head. Any help out there would be much appreciated.
32 of 97  -   Report This Post

rickye

4th February 2024, 14:41
You and I are similarly placed! 31ac is a three letter word for “get” with an abbr of rupees. The definition needs a bit of patience in the brb. I have filled in 1D with no confidence having been obsessed with a Wild West gang aiding the sheriff
33 of 97  -   Report This Post

mullingar

4th February 2024, 14:43
Glad to see I'm not alone
34 of 97  -   Report This Post

jordan

4th February 2024, 14:45
Happy to help you guys but it is all thematic and i don't want to over-excite anybody. You can email me at jordan2015@btinternet.com if you like
35 of 97  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

4th February 2024, 15:16
I feel a bit dense given how simple many here seemed to find this one! I have at this point all but a handful of clues solved, with a generous handful of clashes in the grid. I believe I’ve found three examples of one treatment and potentially one example of the other, which I don’t actually understand. What’s most confusing to me is that, with the number of clues remaining to be solved, it doesn’t feel like there are even enough answers left to which treatments must be applied in order to reach 12—which simply means I’m still missing something important!
36 of 97  -   Report This Post

candledave

4th February 2024, 15:31
crowded - there are no clashes in the grid
37 of 97  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

4th February 2024, 15:43
In that case I must be missing quite a bit more than I had assumed (which is not enormously surprising). I have several pairs of crossing answers that, as far as I can tell, parse completely cleanly and yet still clash. Back to it…

38 of 97  -   Report This Post

granama1

4th February 2024, 15:47
I think it's fair to say that there are clashes (and other discrepancies) in the grid - until you apply the 'treatments'.
39 of 97  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

4th February 2024, 16:06
Well I’ve now found all six examples of one treatment—sadly yet to have much of an inkling of how to resolve the other! But will keep plugging away.
40 of 97  -   Report This Post