CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

2nd February 2024, 15:56
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any additional information or special instructions, common in Listener puzzles, should be included.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may be sought here. The 'help' should err on the gentler side - just a nudge, a pointer in the right direction rather than anything that would spoil the puzzle for others. Any posts which, even inadvertently, reveal too much are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 97  -   Report This Post

dodgepot

2nd February 2024, 18:38
All works out nicely, and a source that was new to me. Cheers, Nudd
2 of 97  -   Report This Post

rhsl

3rd February 2024, 00:21
Rather more straightforward this week. And, yes, quite neat.
3 of 97  -   Report This Post

kindred2

3rd February 2024, 09:14
I've made a good start and I have the quotation and the treatments but there are some fiddly wordplays which I have yet to understand, and a few entries including one of the treated entries still elude me. Nice puzzle.
4 of 97  -   Report This Post

dylan

3rd February 2024, 09:17
This site didn't appear for me until this morning?

After last week's possibility, this was much nicer. Mainly done, but still missing 9 of the 12 needing treatment, and I'm slightly puzzled by the part of the 8 letter sequence that refers to the second part of the title- rather niche?

Still three areas to mop up - ideas please for 1ac,36ac and 24dn
Thanks
5 of 97  -   Report This Post

malone

3rd February 2024, 09:47
Dylan, I feel I have to remind you to give the clues - people who don't normally tackle the Listener like getting the chance to help! (The opening line of the preamble isn't too long, that would be needed too.)
6 of 97  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

3rd February 2024, 10:07
The fourth letter of my answer to 4d - 'Warden maybe bearing tin container of explosive for Hamlet' (5) - clashes with the fourth letter of my answer to 17a ('Turk to face something British in public (6)') and I'm pretty sure both are right. Does anyone else have the same problem ?
7 of 97  -   Report This Post

candledave

3rd February 2024, 10:10
Am sure both answers are correct and there’s nothing about clashes so….
8 of 97  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

3rd February 2024, 10:32
Ah. Likewise in the third letters of the solutions to a couple of other clues in my virtually complete grid.
9 of 97  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

3rd February 2024, 10:51
Unlike my comment on Ready Now, I posted prematurely. Apologies.
10 of 97  -   Report This Post