CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bathtub

9th October 2010, 03:04
27a ends in 'e', I think. It's poco=little in ape=copy. I remember apocopation well from Spanish A-level - the word sounded particularly good in my teacher's Lancastrian accent.

I totally agree about our resident troll, but I think his/her like are the price we pay from time to time for an adult forum where we can have discussions free from heavy-handed moderation and petty censorship.

I'm delighted to have played my part in spoiling their enjoyment and look forward to receiving their claim for compensation.
51 of 55  -   Report This Post

zardoz

9th October 2010, 03:18
Hi Eric,

I'm somewhat a newbie, but I've never seen this kind of vitriol here. Maybe before my time. Sure, a couple of times someone got ticked off because another poster let the cat out of the bag, but they never resorted to that low level. As I said, if they don't want to know, why are they here? They're slinking in the shadows, and they don't participate otherwise.

It has nothing to do with a difference of opinion. They're just rude and crude, and make a nuisance of themselves on other threads as well. See Trevor's note.
52 of 55  -   Report This Post

zardoz

9th October 2010, 04:29
Hi Bathtub.

Yes, AJT sorted out that one at #24. I, @ #43, had broken the clue differently, resulting in my error. Columba had several tricky clues.

Agree on keeping things open. I've posted on only one other Xword forum, where all entries are vetted by the blogger, who apparently rules with an iron fist. Bit of an ego problem there. HE's the witty one. Others will not be tolerated, except for his pals. Needless to say, I didn't make the cut. ;-)

However, this little rat is slithering all over the place, other threads.
"HEY, RAT! WE'RE ONTO YOU. YOU LEAVE A TRAIL!"

BTW, didn't understand what you meant by your last sentence. Compensation?
53 of 55  -   Report This Post

bathtub

10th October 2010, 02:53
Sorry, the sense of humour can be a bit obscure at times. I was musing about whether the claim that we'd diminished his/her enjoyment might signal impending legal action.
54 of 55  -   Report This Post

zardoz

10th October 2010, 03:24
Hi Bathtub.

Seems to me I enquired about your nom-de-plume way back when.

Are you a lawyer, or just highly aware of the litigious times we live in?

Oddly, just finished a NYT Xword with the clue:

Melvin, the King of Torts: BELLI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melvin_Belli

Tried to make a story out of it for that blog I mentioned, but not enough appropriate fill.
BTW, my earlier posts were finally admitted.

55 of 55  -   Report This Post