CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ixion

8th October 2010, 21:40
hypotheses - the hyphenated word appears in the Chambers defn of 11a - although it doesn't appear as a derivative of 9a - this is pretty much what is indicated in the preamble
41 of 55  -   Report This Post

ixion

8th October 2010, 21:42

zardoz

8th October 2010, 21:54
Thanks AJT, for 27a.

There two words, both nouns, same meaning but different endings. I used "copy" directly, which required an extra "a" at the beginning.

Thanks ixion for the link. All clear now.
43 of 55  -   Report This Post

zardoz

8th October 2010, 22:15
Some dirty tricks from Columba.
As Yogi Berra said, "It's déjà vu all over again".

40a can end with "ino" or "one".
The latter fixes the second vowel in 31d. Had "o", which is why it didn't work. That leaves 33d with an obscure spelling. Nasty combo (of plucked instruments ;-P )
44 of 55  -   Report This Post

ajt

8th October 2010, 23:16
Hi Zardoz - As I mentioned in an earlier posting on this thread, 33d is intriguing in that standing alone, without the crossing letter of 40ac, it works in two ways, with either a or o as the second vowel, both proper words, and with the same missing letter.
45 of 55  -   Report This Post

fkin ate cheats

9th October 2010, 00:28
Why dont you loadafkncheats make a decent attempt at solving for yourselves before resorting to this blatant cheating?
For £30 top prize is it worth it?
My enjoyment of competing for these paltry prizes has diminished due to YOU FKN CHEATS! I'm getting totally fed up with the asoles on this site & answerbank who bite off more than they can chew! Why not just find a pastime that you can do by yourselves, dot-to-dot or painting-by-numbers would be a good starting point! :-(
46 of 55  -   Report This Post

trevor

9th October 2010, 01:01
Déjà vu ?
http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/84882/nina-get-a-life
you again jo?
wasn't all that funny 1st time round.
47 of 55  -   Report This Post

zardoz

9th October 2010, 01:29
Re: Déjà vu ?

What the heck was that all about !? If this **** doesn't want their enjoyment spoiled, why are they even following the forums?

It's very rare that someone gives the game away here. We try to be helpful & offer hints.

A friend mentioned that this person posts in various places, always with vicious comments. Probably pissed.

Perhaps we should contact the moderator to see if they can block this twit.
48 of 55  -   Report This Post

zardoz

9th October 2010, 02:10
And I have done so. Please feel free to chime in. If other people complain, we might get rid of this bothersome fool.

Using the Contact link above is a bit convoluted. Just copy this address into your regular e-mail:
ash@crosswordcluesolver.com

And please thank him / her for running this site. I know we all appreciate it.
49 of 55  -   Report This Post

eric

9th October 2010, 02:53
Zardoz, accepting your kind invitation to chime in.
If your objection is to the use of foul language and personal invective I fear you will find that several of the regular and apparently well respected contributors to this forum are among the worst offenders. Do you advocate that they too should be banned? Or is it only those who express opinions with which you disagree?
50 of 55  -   Report This Post