CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT37

mondrian

8th September 2010, 14:33
Hi D G_Gremlin. You must be unique in not having a telly and yet doing the RT Crossword on a regular basis. I do agree with you about the soaps but there are other things I really like and quite often watch BBC4 on freeview.

Hi Philip. It is maybe as well that Caravaggio is not around this week to experience 10A with a double digit number and a Roman numeral in the same answer!! Whatever would he say? I could hardly believe myself when I filled it in to my crossword last night. I am still stuck on 18D - drinks up in a fit of temper. However I will not be sending it in as I should not like to win that dvd they are offering! Not my taste at all.
As if there was much chance anyway.

I too was wondering about John from Arran as he was such a regular correspondent on this site. Do let us know you are ok.
21 of 65  -   Report This Post

karen

8th September 2010, 14:42
Hi Mondrian,re 18d The "clue" is a drink backwards. I believe that its to be passed to the left after dinner. Cheers Karen!
PS I think J of A is on his hols.
22 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

8th September 2010, 14:51
Hi Karen. Thank you yet again. It is so obvious when one has the answer. But I still won`t send the crossword in this week - it would be just my luck if I won that dvd they are offering!!! Glad to hear John from Arran is on his holidays. Hope you and the children are enjoying your dvd player.
23 of 65  -   Report This Post

karen

8th September 2010, 15:07
Hi Mondrian,yes the Dvd is useful as its small and portable. I've not posted my solutions for weeks now, and wont until they change the prize!
24 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

8th September 2010, 16:29
Good afternoon all. Yes, your predictions that I wouldn't like 5d and 10a were correct! I've had another week where I've seen the answer and then had to work out why I'd come to that conclusion and it's reassuring that others have had the same experience. I did get stuck in the top left-hand corner so I'm grateful to Philip for his tips, particularly 1d which reminded me of drinking Polish vodka... No, don't try it!
25 of 65  -   Report This Post

chris4food

8th September 2010, 18:24
Hi Trevor, I'm not too sure whether you should be live streaming ITV either without a licence. I do know that if you stream BBC live [and without a licence], they found it extremely hard to track you down!!!
Chris
26 of 65  -   Report This Post

nimrod

8th September 2010, 18:38
What's wrong with 1d Polish vodka?
Apart from it's close link with 8a?
27 of 65  -   Report This Post

trevor

8th September 2010, 18:53
thanks chris4food (im intrigued by your name).
i do have a tv license,bbc radio alone makes it worth the price.

surely it is only bbc stuff - in the uk - that requires a license? itv have Ads on catchup and live streaming.

...anyway, i don't want to upset Caravaggio by being "off topic" on this thread.Why the name chris4food tho?
28 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

8th September 2010, 20:13
Nimrod:

It was probably some thirty years ago that someone brought back a bottle of Polish vodka as a present for me while he was working in Warsaw. I was told that the Poles drank it neat and I was to follow suit. It wasn't harsh as it went down the throat but, after some two to three seconds, there was an internal explosion which could be visually depicted by the afterglow of a hydrogen bomb test. I hope that answers your question!

Regards,

Caravaggio
29 of 65  -   Report This Post

nimrod

8th September 2010, 20:24
Caravaggio, sounds like pretty deadly stuff!!!!
Round here, we could use it as tractor fuel!!
But tell me, 30 years on, do you still glow in the dark??
30 of 65  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT37