CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT37

dg_gremlin

7th September 2010, 13:29
I'll kick-off. Missed it last week due to work. Did RT37 in about 45 mins but i'm not sure about 5d: "Setting of motorway to stretch out for all to see (6)". The answer seems ok and nothing else seems to fit - i just can't make the clue work.
DG
1 of 65  -   Report This Post

dg_gremlin

7th September 2010, 14:24
Done it now: 'U' is universal (film guidance code)"for all to see". Remarkable what a fresh pair of eyes can do...
2 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

7th September 2010, 18:18
Hi D C Gremlin. Glad you started the thread and well done getting the crossword done in 45 mins!! I thought I was doing ok (for me anyway) by nearly completing it in one day. Still missing 7A, 10A and 1D.

Did you fill in the RT survey thing from last week?
3 of 65  -   Report This Post

philip

7th September 2010, 18:19
Hello DG
Saw your thread before I started, and I must say I finished it reasonably quickly but like postings in previous weeks I struggled to make some of the answers fit the clues. Will go into a dark room to contemplate.
Caravaggio is not going to be best pleased with 5d and 10a both of which use numbers.
Having said that I quite liked 10a and 7a.
PHILIP
4 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

7th September 2010, 18:21
Correction. I see your name is DG_Gremlin. My apologies
5 of 65  -   Report This Post

philip

7th September 2010, 18:23
Mondrian
7a Think of 2 words that also is/are another word for beginning
10a Look at the first word
1d Again look at first word and think of a gin without tonic
Hope that helps
PHILIP
6 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

7th September 2010, 18:25
Hello Phillip. I don`t think we have spoken yet. Thanks for the tip about the numbers and Caravaggio not being pleased but this may help me a bit.
7 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

7th September 2010, 18:29
Thanks Philip. I will have to go home and check on my crossword now.

Did you do the survey thing from last week? I asked them for more crosswords.
8 of 65  -   Report This Post

chris4food

7th September 2010, 18:31
Still stuck on 7a, but thanks, Philip - your extra clue for 1d really helped, although I never drink my gin that way!! Still can't see 7a, though... maybe I've got the wrong beginning - I keep thinking of anew.....
I like the use of numbers/words in the clues - sorry, Carravagio...
It's taken me about an hour - which is absolutely amazing for me, but having said that, it's an hour and holding.... come in 7a your time is up
Cheers
Chris
9 of 65  -   Report This Post

philip

7th September 2010, 18:36
Chris
Additional clue for 7a - When filming, actors are said to be ?? ??? YOu should have ?N?E? so split it into ?N ?E?
Did the survet, Mondrian and also asked for more kids tv listings as my grand daughter drives me mad when she visits and cant find the kids sky listings
PHILIP
10 of 65  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT37