CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT37

mondrian

7th September 2010, 18:45
Hello again Philip. Lucky you having your grand-daughter coming to drive you mad re TV listings. I wish mine would but she lives too far away!! In fact between my last posting and this one I broke off to email them. Thanks for all the help with tricky clues. I`ll probably come and chat another day.
11 of 65  -   Report This Post

chris4food

7th September 2010, 18:53
Doh - many thanks, Philip - maybe they were filming Dumbo...
12 of 65  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th September 2010, 19:02
PHILIP
http://www.radiotimes.com/
lets you pick what listings you want ~(you need to register, and its a bit tricky to set up to start with).
It is very good once it is up and running.
13 of 65  -   Report This Post

philip

7th September 2010, 19:27
trevor
Thanks I will try it. RT used to have a fairly comprehensive kids listing, but when they remodelled a year or so ago, they dropped all but the BBC and ITV ones. Instead we get hundreds of channels no one watches. I often think if it wasnt for the crossword and this weekly event I would cancel my subscription
PHILIP
14 of 65  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th September 2010, 19:34
I get freeview but i think i remember when you set it up you pick your "tv service provider" and then the channels you want.

might be worth a try.
15 of 65  -   Report This Post

dg_gremlin

7th September 2010, 22:05
hi mondrian,
Yeah i did the survey but i haven't actually got a telly. i watch a couple of hours of iplayer a week (you don't even need a tv licence for catch-up tv). Most tv leaves me a little resentful with the feeling that i've just wasted another hour of my life on such dross. i usually get RT for the radio listings (it says what it does on the can). don't get me started on soaps...
DG
16 of 65  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th September 2010, 22:14
DG_GREMLIN
are you sure about License for catchup tv (or even online radio - bbc)?
I have no idea,so would welcome your thoughts.
17 of 65  -   Report This Post

nimrod

7th September 2010, 22:48
I enjoyed the crossword this week. Gosh is it really that time? Some nice clues already mentioned: 10a (sorry Caravaggio), 22a and 5d. Thanks DG_GREMLIN, I don't feel so bad as it also took me several looks to explain the clue for 5d!!
Not heard from John from Arran for some time - wonder what he is up to??
Not really into TV like some of you - not much worth watching. My children, not grandchildren(!!!) still enjoy watching the old comedy sit com's on Sky Gold. Dad's Army and Only Fools And Horses being top of their list. They are, I have to admit, still value for money!
18 of 65  -   Report This Post

chris4food

7th September 2010, 23:10
Hi Trevor, you don't need a licence for catchup on either BBC or ITV, but you should have a licence for live streaming or so I'm told...
Cheers
19 of 65  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th September 2010, 23:16
Ta chris4food, makes sense (although should only apply to the Beeb?).
20 of 65  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT37