CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

2nd April 2018, 19:22
MM, glad you're getting there! The seven thematic clues lead to only three 'things' - so it might not be as daunting as you're expecting.
41 of 76  -   Report This Post

saoralba

2nd April 2018, 20:00
There's only one 'normal' clue I can't parse: 'Hit top-notch friend'. This ought to give N as a missing letter but looks to me like a simple clue with no gimmick. What am I missing?
42 of 76  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd April 2018, 20:04
I think I had the missing letter as 'i' - coming from the 'top-notch' word/abbreviation.
43 of 76  -   Report This Post

jigjag

2nd April 2018, 20:39
the i was an EXTRA letter!!
44 of 76  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd April 2018, 20:57
Thanks,jigjag. I meant to write 'missing or extra' letter - I didn't collect them all. I hope the 'i' part was correct!
45 of 76  -   Report This Post

saoralba

2nd April 2018, 21:53
Thanks for that. I found several of the extra/missing letters elusive and made wrong choices at first. In this case I had 'ICY IN' (anag) + CAL for 8dn, which parses correctly giving an extra I. Now I see that it's actually the source of a missing N.
46 of 76  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd April 2018, 21:59
Glad I could help, saoralba. There were too many extra/missing letters for my liking!
47 of 76  -   Report This Post

jigjag

2nd April 2018, 23:02
has everyone got the theme? I hinted at it last week. I probably wont hint at next weeks though.
48 of 76  -   Report This Post

orson

2nd April 2018, 23:09
I've got the theme, jigjag, although I cannot see where you hinted at it. (There were two threads and I don't want to plough through the much longer one.)

I've filled the grid, highlighted 11 letters and the thematic entries, but I can't see any hint of a quotation.
49 of 76  -   Report This Post

jigjag

2nd April 2018, 23:14
It was the first posting in the short one - but you have it any way.

When I started solving, I thought of you as I was under the impression that War of the Worlds was related to the relevant date but apparently not
50 of 76  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1324