CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

novice

2nd April 2018, 17:18
The penny just dropped thanks a lot Malone
31 of 76  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd April 2018, 17:20
Phew, that's a relief, Novice!
32 of 76  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

2nd April 2018, 17:24
It’s a clever puzzle. A return to form for EV.

Did you like it Malone?

33 of 76  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd April 2018, 17:27
Yes, dja, I thought it was a great puzzle. It was one of those where you're slightly disappointed when it's finished... but only because you've run out of enjoyment.
34 of 76  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

2nd April 2018, 17:36
I agree.

I enjoyed it more than this week’s Listener. Still have The Inquisitor to tackle.

Also have yet to start this month’s Magpie magazine which has some very tough puzzles by the look of it.

I haven’t really got time for work with all of these crosswords!
35 of 76  -   Report This Post

jigjag

2nd April 2018, 17:53
malone

agree with your comments - dont know why we have to drop a letter though - presumably s

There was no reference to Chambers and there was an abbreviation that was not stated. Did that bother you?

36 of 76  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd April 2018, 18:09
Jigjag, most of the crosswords I do (attempt to do!) have Chambers as the default authority - and I don't think that's always. I do think there should have been mention of the abbreviation.

I thought dropping a letter was a wonderful touch, that finished off the crossword for me! ( I think you might have to check the original?)
37 of 76  -   Report This Post

jigjag

2nd April 2018, 18:31
malone

I get it now - what a masterstroke!
38 of 76  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd April 2018, 19:00
Phew, jogamel, another sigh of relief from me - I feared you'd lead yourself ever so slightly astray!
39 of 76  -   Report This Post

manic mary

2nd April 2018, 19:17
Thank you, was right with the name, which gives me hope! Will have to go back through all the posts because I am still rather confused about the preamble etc. Have the three words to be high lighted but absolutely no idea about the rest of everything, especially the 7, will plod on and dissect the previous posts. Thank you all for helping this limping person!
40 of 76  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1324