CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cloverjo

1st April 2018, 22:41
Is anyone getting anywhere with this? I haven't solved a single clue. Shall I keep looking or give up now?
1 of 76  -   Report This Post

cockie

1st April 2018, 23:09
It's hard going, but I think you should persevere. Some clues - the 7 specials are meaningless at first, so if you can't see what's going on move on to another clue. I have two of the three (? four) special events but the RHS is proving tricky. Still, tomorrow's another (less significant) day.
2 of 76  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

1st April 2018, 23:18
Hmm, thanks, cockie. Something to think about. I've solved a few clues since I posted so will keep trying.
3 of 76  -   Report This Post

jigjag

1st April 2018, 23:45
cockie

agree its hard going - I have over half of the missing/extra letter clues but no specials - unless Piu is one
4 of 76  -   Report This Post

ionexch

2nd April 2018, 07:53
I have four of the seven thematic answers (also struggling with the RHS) but have very little idea how they are derived from the clues themselves - if anyone has an idea would be grateful. As often is the case one diagonal will help with the theme.
Piu is a normal answer.Turn UP and insert IW.
5 of 76  -   Report This Post

cockie

2nd April 2018, 11:55
The three-word third special was new to me, but it yielded once I had the proper words which cross. I can't work out what the quotation might be though. We aren't given much information about it.
6 of 76  -   Report This Post

chips

2nd April 2018, 13:36
Cockle, the first message/instruction is very helpful.
7 of 76  -   Report This Post

cockie

2nd April 2018, 13:48
I was afraid of that. I've managed to complete the grid without finding every single letter of the 37 provided by the clues. The 27 are for the most part pretty clear, but some of the 10 - the ones you suggest will be useful - are hidden from me. More work, I fear.
8 of 76  -   Report This Post

manic mary

2nd April 2018, 14:08
Good afternoon. I have completed about half the grid, very one-sidedly with an empty W side. Have a number of the ousted letters but am seeing no connection with anything, is it to do with this w/e? For 10a have a name but apart from the Italian bit cannot parse it at all and is 14a one of the 7?
Could someone tell me the word meaning "that man" or "that woman", I know it appeared in an EV not too long ago but I didn't write it down.

Many thanks
9 of 76  -   Report This Post

krauton

2nd April 2018, 14:24
10a caitlyn, anagram of Italy in con o is extra.
14a advised, added around vis d is extra.
10 of 76  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1324