CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ged

26th December 2017, 21:24
Into which clue have you inserted a W in the RH grid?
91 of 115  -   Report This Post

rocketman

26th December 2017, 21:28
I felt that it was the only possibility for 16 Down (Part 2)
and, also it serves one of the across clues in that grid.
92 of 115  -   Report This Post

ged

26th December 2017, 21:42
There is indeed a W in 16 d RH but it cannot be considered an added extra letter as 16 down LH has an extra letter added at the end and each pair can only have one added extra letter between them. The answer you have for 16d RH is almost certainly what I have - it is a type of fish with the W coming from 'a bit of wet' rather than you having to use the 'extra' W -which you can now insert into 1d RH.
93 of 115  -   Report This Post

rocketman

26th December 2017, 21:53
Yes, Ged, you're right - I let myself believe the "W" went there, when, of course, I HAVE to have it in the 1 Down
answer! My sole remaining letter was "D" and I'm now looking for somewhere for that - that accounts for the
non-compliance of the "D" in relation to 1 Down.
94 of 115  -   Report This Post

ged

26th December 2017, 21:59
Last comment for today: I don't think I'm giving too much away be saying that the D belongs in 4d RH. Bye for now.
95 of 115  -   Report This Post

rocketman

26th December 2017, 22:03
Thanks for all your help - I appreciate it.
96 of 115  -   Report This Post

rpchambe

27th December 2017, 09:32
Hi, Now it's Wednesday I think and I have still one, possibly two to do, with spare letters c and m. The c I can put into 18D right to give a word for our little 6 legged friends, though I cannot see what the word without c has to do with maps. That leaves the m to go in 12ac right. Ma?e or ?ame. If anyone is still there to point me in the right direction or tell me where I've gone wrong, I'd be happy. Then I can go for a swim and on to see Paddington 2. The grandchildren have already seen it twice so we're having to go alone but apparently that is allowed.
97 of 115  -   Report This Post

imac

27th December 2017, 09:52
Just to add to the fun, I asked the crossword editor if there was an error in 1dn right and it should read (5,2). He told me that there is no error......
98 of 115  -   Report This Post

rocketman

27th December 2017, 12:40
Message for RPChambe - 23 Down takes on the "M" and
12 Across needs the extra letter to be at the start and not in the third position. The remainder of 18 Down, without the "C" would actually mean a small map.
99 of 115  -   Report This Post

rpchambe

27th December 2017, 13:52
Thank you, thank you. I didn't know about the small map. Actually, when I looked I had got the M on 23D, I had just forgotten to cross it off my list. I think it must be the V I haven't got anywhere, which leaves me with the choice of a Scandinavian island V + age, or an obsolete word for fade V + AD + e which starts eventually, or V + a few more 3 letter a _ e words that don't seem to have anything that I can see to do with time.
100 of 115  -   Report This Post