CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rocketman

27th December 2017, 15:55
"V" needs to go into 7 Across.
101 of 115  -   Report This Post

rabbitlover

27th December 2017, 16:05
For the uninitiated, this thread is about as comprehensible as listening to a game of Morning tone Crescent.
But, I have to say, just as baffling lyrics entertaining!
102 of 115  -   Report This Post

rabbitlover

27th December 2017, 16:07
That should have been Mornington Crescent!
103 of 115  -   Report This Post

rpchambe

27th December 2017, 18:04
Oh really. I'd put a G there but I see V would do just as well. So is 12 ac Right Ga_e?
104 of 115  -   Report This Post

rpchambe

27th December 2017, 18:06
But do uninitiated read the post? I'd assumed it was just desperate people like me, who are stuck, or kind people who want to be helpful or, just occasionally - though not at Christmas - show-offs who like to say how easy it was and how they finished it before breakfast. Leicester Square... Oxford Circus....Mornington Crescent.
105 of 115  -   Report This Post

rocketman

27th December 2017, 18:52
You're correct about 12 Across Part 2 and it is as you say.
Although the missing letter in your posting is not the extra
letter needed as a top-up, but is part of the solution.
106 of 115  -   Report This Post

rpchambe

27th December 2017, 21:47
Done it, Thanks all. Over and out till next year.
107 of 115  -   Report This Post

dove

27th December 2017, 22:06
I think i've finished the puzzle after a long struggle. I enjoy reading this group's thread when I think I'm done, to see what everyone says.
It's either my treat to myself for having finished, or my solace when I've completely given up.
I'm not quite sure about one of my answers. It doesn't involve an extra letter:
in the LH grid, 23d, I can't see the parsing. Maybe I've picked the wrong word as the definition. There are a very limited number of words which fit in here. 4 letters, A-L- .
Also, in the RH grid, 2d, I'm sure my answer is correct since it's one of those kinds constructed out of a specific set of instructions. And I do know what it means. But I can't figure out exactly what part of the clue really means it. A couple of things sort of mean it, but not precisely.
Unless I'm way off-base. Again, no extra letter. 6, 4. -E-R-E / -I-I (second word is Latin).
rabbitlover's description of the thread as Mornington Crescent is so accurate and so funny that I laughed out loud when I saw it.
And to that I say--Cockfosters!!! (sorry--not very mature, I know...) and Happy New Year.
108 of 115  -   Report This Post

leapy

28th December 2017, 09:32
Well done to all you brilliant solvers. I have read all your replies and still cannot make any sense of it. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.
109 of 115  -   Report This Post

zozozo

28th December 2017, 10:39
@ dove

For 23 d remove an initial t to get the word you have . Definition affiliate.

2 d is an anagram of a word in the clue and alternate letters in windpipe
Definition split
110 of 115  -   Report This Post