CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ethereal

24th December 2017, 14:08
Thanks. I'll do that.
21 of 115  -   Report This Post

barretter

24th December 2017, 15:26
Irritatingly I may have got close to the end with this one but I'm stuck on two clues which don't have an extra letter in them. I have -A-C-N-Y for 18dn in the left grid and -E-O-N- for 8ac in the right grid. There are plenty of words which fit these patterns but none of them seem to correspond to any wordplay or definitions in the clues.
I would grateful for any hints or errors pointed out.
I'm also puzzled as to where the extra"L" goes. Both 21ac in the left grid and 24ac in the right grid seem to be candidates.
22 of 115  -   Report This Post

zozozo

24th December 2017, 15:37
For 18d the 'even' letters should be r c n

The letters for 8a are fine

The extra letter is not at the end of 21ac in the left grid - it is the second letter
23 of 115  -   Report This Post

roof

24th December 2017, 16:54
I didn't get much chance to start yesterday as I spent most of the day at Rosemoor. What a treat. As a result I've spent most of today preparing for tomorrow.
What an awful puzzle. It is bad enough trying to work out where to split the clues, but adding in an extra letter is just a step too far. I will persevere a bit longer as I haven't got many yet.
24 of 115  -   Report This Post

barretter

24th December 2017, 17:41
Thanks very much Zozozo. I had the second letter of 21ac(left) in the wrong place. As Roof says the positioning of the extra letters can be problematic with several possibilities for some of the solutions.
I still can't make any sense of 8ac(right).
25 of 115  -   Report This Post

roof

24th December 2017, 17:59
Could 8ac be recount. It does mean detail, but I can't see why it fits the rest of the clue.
26 of 115  -   Report This Post

xwordfan

24th December 2017, 18:01
8a defn = detail ..anagram of reductions minus s i d
27 of 115  -   Report This Post

prospero

24th December 2017, 18:02
My last one in too (though I don't think we should be giviing out answers at this stage) - it's another of those this setter likes where you take one word out of another - and shuffle ...
28 of 115  -   Report This Post

roof

24th December 2017, 18:14
Sorry about giving the answer. To be honest, I thought it must be wrong.
I've still got lots to do. Can I have a hint for 15ac left grid
I have ?????A???R? I think the clue is Switches company books and cast
29 of 115  -   Report This Post

zozozo

24th December 2017, 18:20
It is one that requires an extra letter
Abbreviation of company biblical books and a theatrical cast..

Definition switches
30 of 115  -   Report This Post