CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rpchambe

26th December 2017, 19:41
Yes, I'd considered the E in 13ac but didn't put it there because I'd already put it in 25 ac, but now I know it doesn't go there, it can go in 13 ac which frees the L to go somewhere else, possibly 24 ac right, using a word for empties.
81 of 115  -   Report This Post

ged

26th December 2017, 19:49
Your assumption of where the L can now go is correct!
82 of 115  -   Report This Post

martyn

26th December 2017, 19:49
I've sort of finished - however...
24 across seems to give two answers with no surplus letter. If the answer to the right hand clue is something to do with conveniences I can see that there may be a spare 'I' - but I have a surplus 'I' in 19 across. Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks
83 of 115  -   Report This Post

rocketman

26th December 2017, 19:51
I was watching the additional developments on the Guardian "double", and dropped off to sleep! Thanks, Roof,
for the answer to 1 Down Part 1 (L/H grid), but as Zozozo
pointed out, I am struggling. and STILL struggling, with the R'H grid of that clue. I can repeat what has already been stated, that -H-E--- remains. with the answer for warning needing an additional letter to be added. Can't get this to
click at all!
84 of 115  -   Report This Post

ged

26th December 2017, 20:08
For Martyn: 24ac right: Drop one letter from the conveniences and replace it with L - you might use the answer to serve soup!
85 of 115  -   Report This Post

ged

26th December 2017, 20:13
For rocketman: 1d right: The answer is indicated as a 7-letter word but it should be specified as 5,2. The letters you already have are in the correct positions. The answer is obtained by mixing a 6-letter word for a warning with one of the extra letters.
86 of 115  -   Report This Post

rocketman

26th December 2017, 20:53
Thanks, Ged - I appreciate your reply. I have the warning, which is an anagram of someone who was mad in Alice's Adventures, and with "A" as my sixth letter it will go in, but
then I can't add the last extra letter of the alphabet to make
up this strange 5,2 composition. I've run out of possibilities at the moment.
87 of 115  -   Report This Post

martyn

26th December 2017, 21:10
Thanks Ged - I see now
88 of 115  -   Report This Post

ged

26th December 2017, 21:11
Yes, letter A is in 6th position and is preceded by the extra letter - so the 5-letter first word is the past tense of a verb. The solution is not very satisfying but I know I am not the only one who has arrived at this answer and been rather disappointed.
89 of 115  -   Report This Post

rocketman

26th December 2017, 21:20
Thanks, Ged - I have put my last extra letter in time and again, and if it's a word, then I've never heard of it. Going through all the letters of the alphabet, the only one that made any sense was "W", but that's being deployed elsewhere in the right-hand grid.
90 of 115  -   Report This Post