CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dove

28th December 2017, 19:31
Thanks so much zozozo...
aha--That's what I had for 23d, but I wasn't sure if the third word in was the pre-op second definition.

...and that's what I had for 2d as well, parsed as you've described.
I just felt as if the definition was somewhat more of a slightly pre-official split thing than the actual split. But, close enough!
111 of 115  -   Report This Post

imac

29th December 2017, 15:27
PLEASE NOTE Having contacted the crossword editor to query the letter count for 1d right and been told that (7) was correct, I have just received an abject apology and confirmation that the letter count is indeed (5,2). We had already submitted on that basis.
112 of 115  -   Report This Post

lumen

29th December 2017, 21:28
That’s doubly sad, as there shouldn’t be mistakes, and threw at is not an acceptable word/phrase, especially when undefined.
113 of 115  -   Report This Post

rossim

30th December 2017, 09:07
Having quickly scanned this thread after my visitors left, I'm glad I didn't even try it!
114 of 115  -   Report This Post

ged

31st December 2017, 11:28
Despite the complexity of this puzzle, as well as the fact that 1dn was not very satisfactory, I still say 'hats off' to Maskarade for constructing such an ingenious crossword thereby generating so many interesting posts over the Christmas period. Happy New Year to everyone!
115 of 115  -   Report This Post