CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unclued

1st February 2017, 22:23
Beepey - send or sent (to rouse) is a common anagram indicator.
61 of 71  -   Report This Post

unclued

1st February 2017, 22:27
7 is as inside tot. Lose the C and O.
8 is state (aver) inside anagram. Lose the S and N.
62 of 71  -   Report This Post

beepy

1st February 2017, 22:58
Thanks, unclued. I hadn't come across sent as an anagram indicator before, and couldn't find it in any list of anagram indicators. Which made me wonder if I had made an error. Now I can relax.
63 of 71  -   Report This Post

ivorytickler

1st February 2017, 23:11
I still haven't fathomed 27 despite unglued's helpful post about it being an anagram plus f. I have TO?E so cannot work out which word is the anagram!
64 of 71  -   Report This Post

deulc

1st February 2017, 23:12
Thanks Smartie. So close to the line and have then had days of staring at one small blank hole....
65 of 71  -   Report This Post

ivorytickler

1st February 2017, 23:12
Sorry about the misspelling of your name unclued. It's my spell-check knowing better...
66 of 71  -   Report This Post

deulc

1st February 2017, 23:15
You should have tu?e not to?e. Grateful less an f is the direction should be looking in.
67 of 71  -   Report This Post

ivorytickler

1st February 2017, 23:19
Aha! Thanks, deulc. I've got it now but clearly need to revisit 23! Perhaps in the morning. Otherwise all done...
68 of 71  -   Report This Post

crosswhit99

2nd February 2017, 08:45
'Send' really is quite a poor anagram indicator and that's why you won't come across it in any good quality lists beepy. It may have lots of synonyms which are acceptable anagram indicators but that isn't generally accepted as being fair to the solver. A really good anagram indicator should leave the solver in no doubt that the letters of the fodder are to be rearranged or mixed up. This was a nice puzzle but what a shame the setter seemed to get a bit tangled up with the endgame. If as I suspect EC is the intended creator then surely 'composer' would have been a far clearer description of his part in the enterprise, removing all lingering doubts. On the other hand it may be that either name is intended to be correct, we shall soon see !
69 of 71  -   Report This Post

bambi123

2nd February 2017, 14:32
Thanks unclued. All done. Just got to decide what to write under the grid!
70 of 71  -   Report This Post