CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

crucifer

30th January 2017, 19:00
Gem94 - I never even noticed the alternative message! Numpty! Thanks for the nod. Still think I'm drawn towards 4,6, but without much conviction. I used to submit religiously; this is one of those occasions when I'm glad I don't any more....
41 of 71  -   Report This Post

smithsax

30th January 2017, 20:17
Thanks all. Done now.
I still think the fact that we are being asked to choose the creator should mean there is a strong reason to select one of them. I have my favourite (4,6) but it feels less than certain.
Will not submit this one as I needed quite a bit of help from this forum.
42 of 71  -   Report This Post

essira

30th January 2017, 20:22
I suggest that unless 4,6 is chosen there is no other reference to his 'creation' in the completed submission. Therefore one thematic item is ignored. The creation of 3,7 appears in the puzzle's title.
43 of 71  -   Report This Post

crucifer

30th January 2017, 22:00
I have just dug the puzzle out from under the detritus on my desk and have re-read the preamble. It must be 4,6. The alternative is so telegraphed that I didn't even spot the alternative in the missing letters. There is a choice of two ( a binary choice, to use the cringeworthy current buzz word), and only one of them is the creator of the harmony.

44 of 71  -   Report This Post

smithsax

30th January 2017, 23:32
Last post I promise. I have eventually made my mind up.
The extra letters reveal two potential harmonies (2, 3, 6, 6 and 6, 6, 5) with corresponding creators (4, 6 and 3, 7).
Harmony could mean a fitting together of parts to make an appealing whole or music in general so both could be correct.
The title however indicates the puzzle is about the harmony of 6, 6, 5 so the creator to enter under the grid must be 3, 7.
45 of 71  -   Report This Post

notrab

31st January 2017, 08:02
Right from thr beginning - when following a false trail as usual - I interpreted harmony as music and have not changed my mind having finally finished. The title thus leads me to the music of 6,6,4 and thus to the creator as 4,6.
46 of 71  -   Report This Post

bobbibunny

31st January 2017, 10:59
I am interpreting 'Harmony of Ratios' as the theme music!
I was stuck on 30d and 35a until I saw the hints above but what on earth are the types of music here? O_T and P__T???
47 of 71  -   Report This Post

crates

31st January 2017, 11:57
O-T a pastoral song, P--T a bagpipe compilation. This guest has a strange taste in music!
48 of 71  -   Report This Post

bobbibunny

31st January 2017, 12:15
Thanks crates! That is certainly a weird collection.
49 of 71  -   Report This Post

demeter

31st January 2017, 16:53
Usual problem for me - I can't see what to highlight.

Hint, please?
50 of 71  -   Report This Post