CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

demeter

1st May 2016, 10:58
I'm sorry to say that I still don't see it.

I've got the 9 letter words in columns 1 and 2, starting in rows 3 and 11 respectively, and the 5 letter one starting at the top of column 3, but I can't see any others.
31 of 97  -   Report This Post

meursault

1st May 2016, 11:19
Demeter, the one at the top of column 3 is wrong. Look carefully at the definitions, and related definitions, in Chambers for the 2 that you have. You'll find a common link
32 of 97  -   Report This Post

dryden

1st May 2016, 12:05
Meursault, you didn't mislead me because by that time I'd already got the theme and discounted Nepal. I've seen the connection between the title and my selected item for highlighting, so I'm more confident now that my highlighting is the intended one. I still maintain it's semantically wrong. None of the six unclued items in the final grid is an example of the one to highlight; they are all examples of something else. To me it's a linguistic error that undermines the finale.
33 of 97  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

1st May 2016, 13:33
I have a full grid which i think is correct and also have the keyword thanks to all who have posted here. However I am still struggling with column 3 which in my reasoning is a 7 letter example. Does'nt seem to be in my edition of Bradford . Any help appreciated.
34 of 97  -   Report This Post

unclued

1st May 2016, 13:35
w - start at number 6 and change the third letter.
35 of 97  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

1st May 2016, 13:48
Unclued, thanks for your prompt reply . Don't think I would have got that one. Not in my ' Chambers Complete Xword Companion' either.
36 of 97  -   Report This Post

barretter

1st May 2016, 13:55
That one is in the Bradford I downloaded as an e-book to my Kindle from Amazon, but despite having printed out the relevant page I can't see any of the words given there in columns 6 and 9. Accorging to my solutions of the others, these two should be a 5 and a 6. Any hints as to where to start would be most gratefully received.
37 of 97  -   Report This Post

unclued

1st May 2016, 14:04
Barretter. Column 6 starts at 6 (4) and column 9 starts at 11 (3). Hope that helps.
38 of 97  -   Report This Post

dottie

1st May 2016, 14:11
I've finished the grid, and got all the items, but can't see how the subs letters provide the theme. Can anyone give me a hint please.
39 of 97  -   Report This Post

planks

1st May 2016, 14:48
dottie - you have 26 letters - put them in order and add the key word
40 of 97  -   Report This Post