CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

meursault

30th April 2016, 17:31
The entries for all of the other rows and columns are in clue order, as stated by the preamble, with the last entry recycled if need be. Row 11 is the only exception, with the second entry recycled and the third entry appearing as the first complete entry in the row; though I suppose you could argue that the entries are still 'in order'...
11 of 97  -   Report This Post

planks

30th April 2016, 17:42
s_pugh, would you be able to give me a vague hint as to one of the others you've seen? I think I may have found one in column 4 but I'm still struggling.
12 of 97  -   Report This Post

meursault

30th April 2016, 17:53
I have thematic items in columns 2,3 and 8 so far. 8 a poetic form of one near you, 3 fittingly at the top of the column
13 of 97  -   Report This Post

s_pugh

30th April 2016, 17:54
Well starting with the one you pointed me to, the other nine is in the column to the left. If you have Bradford's it shows in the descriptive entry. If you want any more detailed info probably best give me an email address as I don't want to spoil it for others.
14 of 97  -   Report This Post

s_pugh

30th April 2016, 17:57
Yikes! I must be barking up the wrong tree completely then, which is unnerving as I found 9 more instances on top of the one planks pointed me too. Back to square one! ;¬(
15 of 97  -   Report This Post

planks

30th April 2016, 17:58
many thanks s_pugh, I'll ponder on.
16 of 97  -   Report This Post

s_pugh

30th April 2016, 18:14
On reflection I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track thanks to your initial pointer, that 9-letter word leads directly to the keyword. By taking ALL the substituted letters plus the keyword you get the theme, and one of the unclued entries definitively confirms this. Good luck, you must be on the right track as you lit the way!
17 of 97  -   Report This Post

s_pugh

30th April 2016, 18:35
All sorted - that was a sneaky one. If you need a nudge planks and Meursault feel free to ping me at spw6128 at gmail dot com. I don't want to post any spoilers more than I have to. Thanks for your help.
18 of 97  -   Report This Post

dryden

30th April 2016, 18:35
I have changed letters in five columns so far to get new words that all have something in common, but some of these make non-words with crossing entries, so I guess I must be completely on the wrong track. Pointer is known for leading solvers up the garden path.
19 of 97  -   Report This Post

s_pugh

30th April 2016, 18:57
That's okay Dryden - some do result in non-words across. I guess the fact that Pointer didn't specify that all words in the resulting grid would be real words is his/her defence.
20 of 97  -   Report This Post