CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

15th September 2013, 19:16
Good evening folks,

Well, there's been quite a bit of debate around the subject of 'Ghost Anagrams' lately which got me thinking that even though they're an unfair style of clue and not acceptable in conventional cryptic crosswords, why not spin it on it's head and use it as a paradoxical platform for a new style of crossword in which most of the clues use the device of a 'ghost anagram'
I've put this together over the last few days and feel it (hopefully) works quite well.

http://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4V-WTOTQoawRWZLMldvY1RpZDA/edit?usp=sharing

If it proves too difficult, I'll post a few pointers, so don't hesitate to feed back with how you're receiving its difficulty or ease.

Good luck, Les40

I feel aristophanes may enjoy this
1 of 58  -   Report This Post

emrach

15th September 2013, 19:32
This looks great fun or mind boggling difficult or both !!! Thanks Les x
2 of 58  -   Report This Post

rossim

15th September 2013, 20:27
Thanks Les. It looks 'challenging'! I've solved three (two are ghosts).
Bumping to the top.
3 of 58  -   Report This Post

syzygy

15th September 2013, 21:19
Thanks, Les.

Could be brutal.
4 of 58  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

15th September 2013, 21:47
You devil, Les. I was able to open it on my laptop, but there was an error message on the wireless printer I use with it, so I tried my other computer, but when I click on your link it says "not found", so I'll try to send it from one computer to the other and see if that works. Must finish off Harper's first. This one's fun.
Also, I've had trouble posting here; I click "add reply" and my message doesn't appear on the thread.
5 of 58  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

15th September 2013, 21:47
Finally!
6 of 58  -   Report This Post

syzygy

16th September 2013, 02:52
Sounds like an intermittent dropout on you wireless connection - modem / router.

7 of 58  -   Report This Post

syzygy

16th September 2013, 02:57
Fairly easy, but tricky guessing which end the anagrind applied to.

Stuck on last two, 2D & 15D. Assume 20A is a slang term in one def. - M as 3rd letter.
8 of 58  -   Report This Post

syzygy

16th September 2013, 03:05
20A & 15D are fixed.
9 of 58  -   Report This Post

syzygy

16th September 2013, 03:13
OK, done, but 2D works both ways, so it shouldn't matter which is entered.
10 of 58  -   Report This Post