CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jws

13th April 2013, 22:36
I don’t usually join in the non crossword threads but totally agree with Bobs Mum on why they should stay. Well done to Norah and Ash for letting common sense prevail.
41 of 62  -   Report This Post

rossim

13th April 2013, 22:47
I notice that no-one from the anti-chat brigade have come on here to give their views.
If you're out there. . . . . . .
42 of 62  -   Report This Post

busby

13th April 2013, 22:51
Since it was started by Norah, I would think they have read it. Hopefully they are happy with the solution suggested then all concerned can carry on doing "their thing" with no animosity.
43 of 62  -   Report This Post

pastille

13th April 2013, 23:27
Hi busby ....I sent you a message on the previous peer review re your comment about ....my chant song...love the idea about being hooked up by the " special" guy ...but first choice would be Tim Minchin......x
44 of 62  -   Report This Post

pastille

13th April 2013, 23:30
Oops posted this on the wrong thread...sorry.

Again....Nora

Look what you started....you may get complaints!

X
45 of 62  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

14th April 2013, 09:00
I've been following this with interest, I'm glad that everyone seems happy with the outcome. No, Pastille, I've not had any complaints yet but there's still time! Live and let live I say and let the happy banter continue. Bobs Mum raised a very valid point about housebound users, both Ash and myself are really pleased that it helps them communicate with the outside world. Those of us who are fit and healthy can go out whenever we want so, Yes, let's spare a thought for the less fortunate.
46 of 62  -   Report This Post

rosalind

14th April 2013, 09:57
Yes, well sid Bob's Mum
A long time ago, recently bereaved and unable to sleep or persuade my doctor some tamezepam would be A Good Idea, I used to go into Chat Rooms sometimes. In spite of the generally fairly mindless nature of them, I soon learnt that they were (and are, if they haven't all been cancelled) a lifeline for some. Not just the disabled, but for their carers as well, who were tied to their homes for great swathes of time.
Thank you so much, Norah and Ash. By far the vast majority of the threads are crossword related anyway
R xx PS pastille, I loved that persiflage- forgotten all about it until you reminded us
47 of 62  -   Report This Post

busby

14th April 2013, 10:13
Sorry I missed that one Pastille. Have to leave in a minute, won't be back till the morn. But,,,, Bears don't dig to dance,,,,,,,,Bears don't dig to dance !!!!! :-)
Thanks.
48 of 62  -   Report This Post

rossim

14th April 2013, 10:13
I first came to this forum quite by accident when I was confined to the house for just a few weeks with a nasty virus. I love being outside and was feeling really fed up. I remember Bobsmum wishing me well and it meant a lot.
49 of 62  -   Report This Post

bees

14th April 2013, 18:09
Thanks Norah & Ash, I think you have the balance right on this. I'm relieved to find that persiflage doesn't mean what I thought it meant!
50 of 62  -   Report This Post