CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

12th April 2013, 19:46
May I suggested a title, originally proposed by Joan back on 4th October 2011....when the "PERSIFLAGE....nothing to do with crosswords" did not seem to work.

Civilised discourse, with the occasional forays into semi-relevant avenues of discussion.

Very snappy.....but think we would still have to add

NOTHING TO DO WITH CROSSWORDS!

Thanks for accommodating us bletherers THE A TEAM.

Ps missing your chats Joan....
11 of 62  -   Report This Post

pastille

12th April 2013, 19:55
....and beautifully put bobsmum.

I once came to the site for pure persiflage ....after realising one of my very best friend was not going to overcome her breast cancer. I didn't give any details, just said I had a bit of a crappy day.

A gentleman who does not not often "chat" just sent me good wishes.....it meant the world.

I did not want to discuss it, I just needed to " chat" with people who knew nothing . My friend died six months later, at home with friends and family.

I saw her every day, and this site kept me sane....Clueless, peer review etc....gave me time to " escape" and I thank you all for it.

12 of 62  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

12th April 2013, 19:56
No doubt someone complained about my recent Weasel Alert, someone who doesn't realize how notable a clearinghouse of weasel (and fisher cat) lore this site has become. It's possible that lives have been saved by our posts.

I just had a chat with joan, pastille!
13 of 62  -   Report This Post

ixion

12th April 2013, 20:09
I don't get terribly involved in the non-crossword stuff but often read and enjoy it without contributing.

Asking folk to highlight the "non-crossword" threads seems a perfect compromise.
14 of 62  -   Report This Post

joan

12th April 2013, 20:14
Thanks for that, pastille - and very sorry to hear about your friend.
I've not been on this site much lately - just popping in for a look at times, as life has been pretty hectic.
15 of 62  -   Report This Post

emrach

12th April 2013, 20:15
Just wanted to add that Bobsmum is spot on and Pastille I am so sorry to hear about your friend and I truly understand where you are coming from. And what is special is they don't know how much they helped you that night and the many that followed.

Just as well this is on a Non Crossword related thread lol xxxxx
16 of 62  -   Report This Post

pastille

12th April 2013, 20:17
Lovely to hear from you Joan......thinking a "Civilised discourse" thread may have to happen soon....x
17 of 62  -   Report This Post

andyc

12th April 2013, 20:23
Just got back from Portugal......loved the weasel stuff Aristo.....who are these tossers? Identify yourselves.
18 of 62  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

12th April 2013, 20:26
Oh, thank goodness you saw it, andyc! I hope you didn't buy a souvenir poodle in Portugal.
19 of 62  -   Report This Post

andyc

12th April 2013, 20:33
I did and I'm ashamed to say I smuggled it in internally!
20 of 62  -   Report This Post