CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

4th July 2012, 16:31
hi bullfrog & paul
My next door neighbour's son works in computing so is checking it over for me.
I had AVG without the updates.
11 of 67  -   Report This Post

emrach

4th July 2012, 16:33
Sorry to hear this - it is such an invasion of privacy
12 of 67  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

4th July 2012, 16:37
That's horrible jazzgirl - can the site owners not tell when several posters come from the same ip address? This takes the usual nasty 'trolling' to a new level, hope you're not too upset by it.
13 of 67  -   Report This Post

chris4food

4th July 2012, 16:46
Hi jazzgirl, what a worry - hope it gets sorted okay and you continue to post on the RT thread - I'll be lost without your contributions!
best wishes
Chris
14 of 67  -   Report This Post

rambler

4th July 2012, 16:47
First of all, jazzgirl, I am very sorry that your email has been compromised - that is unforgivable. A few days ago a certain person posted as 'Rumbler' and you had a lighthearted conversation with this person - no sense of unfairness there then - just a bit of fun?
15 of 67  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th July 2012, 16:51
hi mrs T
There will always be trolls. The administrators are aware of IP addresses and they also know how many have multiple names. But they also have to abide by the rules of the "Data Protection Act" so either we accept that on this forum, or we leave.
We have a choice.
16 of 67  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th July 2012, 16:55
rambler, I think "rumbler" is an old friend.
What I think is unacceptable is for a person to try and pass themselves off as another to insult people, including me, Les40, bob's Mum, Davaldo to name just a few.
17 of 67  -   Report This Post

rambler

4th July 2012, 16:58
I am afraid I'm not aware of whom you are talking but it's all very nasty.
18 of 67  -   Report This Post

les40

4th July 2012, 17:05
Afternoon jazzgirl,

Just been reading your concerned post and am wondering if the rogue hacker as got into your actual email, bear with me for this because it is quite easy to create a similar forum name by making a small change in the name that appears on-screen. All you actually need to do is enter the Crossword Solver site at source and then register, then just pop in the forum name you require (for instance, I could go on now with a new email address and enter under Les 40 with a space) Because it is different to my Les40, it will accept the name. There are many tiny changes a rogue contact could make for recognition purposes, like change a lower case to a capital or just pop in a full stop at the end, it's like email addresses, a dash, a dot, a space or a letter change makes the whole address completely unique. If this person has got into your actual email address, then that is someone who knows much more about computer hacking than they should and must be viewed as extremely dangerous, especially if they are hacking for personal information details.
If you get a reply from the forum hierarchy, then please tell them to contact the relevant DATA Protection Authorities. Or even go to on-line Data Protection links to find out information and what can be done, I will have a look for you too later, but I'm gonna be away from the computer for an hour or so now.

Hope that helps, Les40
19 of 67  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th July 2012, 17:16
Thanks Les40. I understand what you say.
When Norah first alerted me, she sent me copies of the emails she had received from my address. (the one I use for the forum) This could have been obtained from my "directory" so I feel, from what you say, that this has nothing to do with the similar psdudonym now being used. I am waiting to hear from Norah again. Thanks again. J
20 of 67  -   Report This Post