CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

plodder

20th April 2012, 14:48
Yes Jazzgirl a fair point, the only comment I would make is that others, like me, may find it useful to see advice already given on a thread to kickstart their solving of a puzzle.
It is not my wish to spoil a chatty thread, just to question whether or not the friends created here could chat away to their hearts content on Twitter, say, and develop non-crossword discussions further.
61 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th April 2012, 14:51
Hello Mondrian
Another word for "slough" is "fen" so the answer (4,4) is an anagram of "fen + I + gush) which then becomes a "design philosphy" of a room
Hope you are well
J
62 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th April 2012, 14:56
hi again plodder
I do see your point, but I guess not everyone on here uses twitter or facebook. (some avoid it like the plague )
I am sure some of our discussions are quite worthy of a view. You know how, in general conversations, one thing leads to another....
Some weeks are less chatty ;)
J
63 of 75  -   Report This Post

mondrian

20th April 2012, 14:57
Jazz girl. Thank you so much for enlightening me re `fen`. I have never heard the word used in that way. Is it particular to East Anglia? And thank for your enquiry re my health. I seem to be ok at the moment.

I do so enjoy your comments and was sorry to hear that someone had upset you earlier but I did not read anything that was said. Your fans greatly outnumber any detractors here!
64 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th April 2012, 15:03
Mondrian
I just found fen in the thesaurus, as a synonym for bog, swamp, marsh, and all those dank places !
The other matter was just a blip and it's all water under the bridge now. ;0)

J
65 of 75  -   Report This Post

danny

20th April 2012, 15:38
See what you mean plodder. Never give the whole clue either. Stops those without paper joining in.
66 of 75  -   Report This Post

rosalind

20th April 2012, 15:55
I think marshy places often have regional names, and "fen" is probably restricted to East Anglia and poets.
67 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th April 2012, 17:21
for danny:
We generally do not type out the whole clue on the RT thread, (and we try only to give hints rather than the answer) However, we could type the whole clue if the regulars feel they want to do this.I will try.
I used to post a copy of the RT crossword on my photo site so that people who did not have the paper on a Tuesday could see it. However, I am now not permitted to do that because of the copyright rules. Sorry.
J
68 of 75  -   Report This Post

old gal

20th April 2012, 17:45
Please don't stop the chatty banter - life is grim enough for some posters and it's a life saver some days to feel one of a group of friends. Never tried twitter - never want to! Montalbano was a good amusing way to relax on a Saturday night! Happy week. End folks.
69 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th April 2012, 18:08
I seem to have missed Montalbano.
Happy Weekend old gal and all
J
70 of 75  -   Report This Post