CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magworth

17th April 2012, 22:25
Sabotage !! Cut off in my prime ! I was about to write `skinny latte` for you now, Jazzgirl! And `tight` can also mean drunk..............M.
11 of 75  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

18th April 2012, 11:09
Hi, chris4food. Yes, I am indeed the Destroy It Yourself expert.

Even as we speak, I am gazing upon a wee three drawer cabinet which I assembled with my own fair hand. I had just put all the bits together, fitted the castors on the foot, and turned it the right way up, only to find that there are sixteen wee holes on the top, for where the castors ought to have been fitted.

Then there was the sad incident of the outside storage unit, three quarters of which narrowly missed the man next door's greenhouse when it dissembled itself during the January storms.

C'est la vie.

Best wishes.

P
12 of 75  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

18th April 2012, 11:39
Good morning all,

As you some of you know, I particularly dislike clues like 10a where a figure is represented by a letter and I thought that our dear compiler had stopped doing it. Wrong! Once I'd stopped the flow of invective, and lain down behind the fridge for an hour or so, I made good progress...

Pipesmoker: The chronicling of your misadventures reminds me of a certain radio presenter, who admitted on air that he'd fitted a carpet himself, stepped back to admire his work and found that he'd left his power drill under the carpet in the middle of the room. I think we can all imagine what he might have said...

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
13 of 75  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

18th April 2012, 12:05
Hi, Caravaggio. Yes, I can identify with the problems of the carpet fitter.

I was cutting a carpet to fit into a corner, so thought I would leave a wide margin and then trim to size as I fitted the final few inches. Sadly, I was cutting from the back of the carpet. When working upside down, I get disorientated, and ended up with an overcut of about eighteen inches. Hence, the unsightly patch concealed by a bookcase.

Similarly, I have lain on my back under cars, furiously tightening bolts I am trying to undo.

Best wishes for now.

P
14 of 75  -   Report This Post

rosalind

18th April 2012, 13:26
I think Mrs Pipesmoker and Mrs Caravaggio (if there is one) are very lucky.My friend's husband can't/won't even fit a new tap washer.......
NO please don't tell us. I'm sure you fit them very well.
jazzgirl, I'm sorry about what happened. You are one of the kindest, nicest people on here.
R
15 of 75  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

18th April 2012, 13:37
Hi, Rosalind. Yes, I have performed that very task in the dim and distant past. I think it went well.

My response to Mrs P's evaluation of my workmanship is that I might not be much good, but I am cheap.

Best wishes.

P
16 of 75  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

18th April 2012, 13:40
Hi, Chris4food. Just looking at your post number 3. An hour and a quarter isn't bad for RT crosswords. This one, I managed in just over half an hour, but there have been occasions when it has taken me a whole day.

Best wishes.

P
17 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th April 2012, 13:44
Rosalind, thanks, but nothing happened except that a certain person decided to play what seems like a sick joke on me this morning. There were no posts deleted that included me, as I did not post any in the first place. I am still waiting for a reply from Norah . I asked if any posts by other people had been deleted last night or early this morning. Maybe she is not on duty today or more likely does not wish to get involved in online flak. I may have lost my sense of humour since yesterday. I went out to celebrate an older dear friend's birthday. He is 79. He enjoyed the fun and even my singing, and half way through the dinner, he said "whose Birthday is it?" He does not remember his own grandchildren's names. He did last week. You can see how hard it is to deal with stuff on here that I should see with a sense of humour, but sometimes so-called jokes are too over the top, even for me. Sorry if I have ruined this thread
J
18 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th April 2012, 14:16
oh rosa
you probably meant the cholesterol and not the other matter. If so, no worries, I have had worse results. I am on the skinny latte, as per Magworth's kind suggestion. But it is not half as tasty.
J
19 of 75  -   Report This Post

rosalind

18th April 2012, 14:31
Jazzgirl

No, didn't mean cholesterol.
Jokes, when you can't see a face or hear a tone of voice, are always difficult. I read the thread, had no idea what he was talking about but didn't want to butt in. I follow this thread every week but don't get the RT.
You haven't lost your sense of humour!
"Don't let a thing ever change you"
Rosa
20 of 75  -   Report This Post