CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

old gal

19th April 2012, 08:05
So pleased to see all these guys and gals who are finding it hard going. Am with you, davaldo re Scandinavia thrillers, Swedish wallanders far superior to British version. Sadly I didn't do the Sarah Lund sweater! Tried knitting again but soon realised why I gave it up a few years back (painful arthritic type hands). Am really struggling with this crossword but intend to concentrate on it today.
41 of 75  -   Report This Post

magworth

19th April 2012, 08:52
Davaldo. 22ac is actually a clever clue. Something worn by a monk or nun.
I loved The Killing and Borgen; looking forward to the next. The only drawback is having to concentrate hard on the screen to watch the subtitles
I think those, like me, who have done the RT x-word for years somehow get into the compiler`s mindset. M.
42 of 75  -   Report This Post

chris4food

19th April 2012, 21:02
Hi Everyone, I feel a bit of a fraud, cos usually it takes me donkey's yonks to finish, and was flabbergasted when I completed it so quickly....
Pipesmoker, your latest tale of DIYing had a lol..... could you use the holes to hold candles - very romantic for Mrs P???
Jazzgirl, don't know who rattled your cage this week, but I found last week's posts quite upsetting - I hope you don't let these type of comments get to you, your contribution to this page is highly valued by all of us....
Magworth, when I was a child [too many decades ago!] we used to call mean/tight people skinny...
Caravaggio, what on earth do you keep BEHIND your fridge - my G&Ts are usually chilling inside it...
Pipesmoker/Rosalind re knocking nails through pipes, my 'professional' knocked a hole through the electric cable, and then tried to blame me, and refused to pay for the damage - had to get a friendly electrician to prove the 'professional' was at fault...
OldGal - love your training regime - keep up the good work - do you want sponsoring??
Hey Davaldo - love all the Scandi series, but lost the last four episodes of Borgen due to temperamental Virgin+ box [sorry about the advertising]
Have recorded all Those Who Kill and looking for enough time to watch them all
Old Gas - Re sub-titles - love them, cos I'm deaf, but my eyesight isn't what it was, so that's another problem...
think I've rambled on quite enough for one night
So rest tight and speak to you all soon
Chris
43 of 75  -   Report This Post

old gal

19th April 2012, 22:51
Nice to hear from you Chris4food! Am gathering sponsors for my walk as we speak via a website. Now, all you night owls, have had some flashes of inspiration but these are the clues I am stuck upon.12a, 14 a, 19a. Seem to be ok with the down clues. Maybe I should stand on my head whilst solving..... Sweet dreams and peaceful nights to all esp poorly quizzers.
44 of 75  -   Report This Post

night owl

20th April 2012, 00:45
Thanks Magworth-it is a clever clue- Doh!
It seems people who enjoy the RT xword are often the same sort of folk who appreciate well-made foreign TV/films.
Chris4food- you will enjoy Those Who Kill but the last one is a real shocker!
Old Gal - 12a- the first word is a season (3 months).Second word can mean amount left over (surplus) or something you need to keep if walking a tightrope.
14a- Actress from Rising Damp. The whole thing is name of a country + anagram of usa retold.
19a- It's that oriental thing where people arrange their furniture to maximise cosmic energy or something like that.
45 of 75  -   Report This Post

old gal

20th April 2012, 09:01
Don't you feel a fool when it clicks in after the extra hint!!! Many thanks D and welcome to the thread. Look forward to receiving your help in the future.
46 of 75  -   Report This Post

chrisg

20th April 2012, 09:13
After almost 4 years on this Forum I should have realised that it is pointless offering hints on this thread unless you are actually completing the RT crossword, and you are one of the regular crowd ! (see response number 40) You are ignored. Lesson learnt!
47 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th April 2012, 10:10
chrisg
I noticed your hint, and it somehow got overlooked. Thank you for contributing. You are welcome and please call again :)
J
x
48 of 75  -   Report This Post

chrisg

20th April 2012, 10:49
Hi Jazzgirl - Thanks for responding. At 68 I think I am becoming a bit crotchety. I normally keep my thoughts to myself - I need to take more of the medication !
Chris
49 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th April 2012, 10:58
lol chrisg
Anyone can make comments on how they feel on here. (you must have spotted some of mine !? ha) No more pills. But....how about getting the RT? It's a lot trickier than it used to be.
cheers.
J
50 of 75  -   Report This Post