CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

20th December 2011, 13:53
yes to frilly from frailly
91 of 97  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

20th December 2011, 13:54
2d is scalene anagram
92 of 97  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

20th December 2011, 15:55
I am extremely indebted to you,especially sdkl (as usual)! After a spell of painting I realized I had left one out (I assume what you didn't comment on is correct)---namely 10B:"top modern artist has briefly moved forward" -- ?S?I?T
Further, despite earlier hints I fail to see the 2 thematic names,if they are to be found by jumping over the black squares.
And now for an anagram of the moved letters!
This is threatening to ruin my Christmas!
93 of 97  -   Report This Post

xwordfan

20th December 2011, 16:03
The letters should spell out christmas present
To find the 2 hidden names , look at the letters in the 2nd row of grid a and the next to bottom row of grid b (Dickens!)
94 of 97  -   Report This Post

joan

20th December 2011, 16:04
I'm sure you'll be annoyed when you spot the two names - the only nudge I can give is to repeat, just read across the grids. One (in A) is one word/name, the other(B) is two words - they're both characters in a totally seasonal book.
The jumbled letters are straightforward too
95 of 97  -   Report This Post

xwordfan

20th December 2011, 16:05
10a T shirt shirt is the top with the T coming from grid a (T)intern abbey
96 of 97  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

20th December 2011, 16:26
An unusually enormous T H A N K Y O U to everybody!You were very generous with me ("getting into the spirit")!At the finish it all turned out to be dead easy:the answers I had expected anyway from the beginning, of course! I wish you all the merriness you can stand, and I hope no-one's annoyed I "opened up the field" somewhat! Cheers!!!
97 of 97  -   Report This Post