CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

11th November 2011, 22:41
Good Eveming, All.

Thank you for your good wishes. I am back. Somehow, in my latest hospital visit, I spent more time than usual with my head down the big white telephone. However, help is never far away in the Southern General, and the nice young doctor said I should have some Dom Perignon. Well, that is what I thought she said, it was really a tablet called Domperidone. Probably more effective, but less tasty.

One of the effects of CIDP, is loss of balance, and total disorientation in darkness. The light at the top of the stairs in Pipesmoker Palace just packed in, and I climbed the stairs in the dark, turned through what I thought was 180 degrees, and fell backward into a bookcase, which happily stopped me landing on my backside on the floor. If only someone had had a camcorder, I could have had money from whatever the television show is that screens folks' mishaps.

Anyway, it is good to be home. There is a four mile drive from the ferry into the town, and that is the most cheering part of the homeward journey.

Hope everyone has got over the frustrations of RT46.

Best wishes.

P
51 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th November 2011, 08:27
Good morning Pipesmoker
You must be happy to be home again.
Sorry about your incident with the bookcase. (and that was without the Dom Perignon)
I would like Mrs P to treat you to a large torch.
Take care and have a good weekend.
J
52 of 58  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th November 2011, 08:48
Thank you, Jazzgirl, and good morning to you too. A little sympathy goes a long way. At least I didn't have my pipe in my mouth at the time. If I had, I would have been showered in burning embers, and what is much worse, would probably have burned a hole in the carpet - again.

Hope you have a super weekend. I'm just off for the papers to get my Saturday supply of crosswords.

Best wishes.

P
53 of 58  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

12th November 2011, 09:53
Hi Pipesmoker
Greetings from the Grampians

So pleased to hear that you are back home again in your beautiful area. After days of gloom and darkness, the sun is coming out here.

My sympathy is also with Mrs P - I well remember the days of holey shirt fronts, table cloths and smouldering pockets ... but I miss the aroma !

Heading for the hills.
Cheers
Julie

54 of 58  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th November 2011, 10:04
Thanks, Julie. It is indeed a lovely day down here.

I like Aberdeen too. If I was able to get about more, I would use my free bus pass to see it more often. The principle of free travel is a Scotsman's delight.

Hope you have an enjoyable, and above all, safe day in the hills.

P.
55 of 58  -   Report This Post

navigator

12th November 2011, 11:15
I managed to finish at long last when the final two solutions dawned on me.
I had my infusion at the hospital on Thursday
and returned home with the usual supply of tablets for the next 28 days. Since July
I had been under the impression that alcohol
was forbidden because of the daily dose of
thalidomide. Unlike Pipesmoker I was not offered Dom Perignon but the nurse said I can have a small beer in the evenings.WOW!!!
Best wishes to all,
N
56 of 58  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th November 2011, 11:19
Go for it, Navigator. Life is hard enough without having to do without the odd pleasure. Self denial was never one of my strong points.

Hope your treatment serves you well.

Best wishes.

P.
57 of 58  -   Report This Post

wee jock

12th November 2011, 20:16
HOWDY FOLKS

Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!
In any case,Isend greetings and best wishes
to all ye who are poor in health or are weary and heavy laden.

The reason I have'nt been seen in these parts recently is because, these days, I have.nt been able to finish the puzzle before the weekend by which time all you AlphaPlus boys and girls have finished,had
the postmortem,and all the witty banter and have gone away home for your teas! You see I don't allow myself the luxury of any electronic or mechanical help,except a dictionary or other reference book, so it's a slow process for an
Ipsilon SemiMoron(Brave New World)like me.
I usually get there,eventually.

As has been said,the compilation of RT46 was not up to the clever and witty standard we've got used to and proof reading must be non existing.The new proprieters must be trying to cut costs.

It's been a lovely day here in the Lothians
with clear blue skie and no wind, so this afternoon I had anice walk round our Figgate Burn Park. Not aCanada goose in sight but quite a flock of Greylags, two swans,and lots of Mallards.No cooots or moorhens?
There must have been acull of Canadas but where's the Swans,Coots and moorhens?
MORE IMPORTANTLY WHERE'S KAREN?

ONCE MORE BEST WISHES TO ALL WHETHER IN SICKNESS OR IN HEALTH
NUFF SAID THE NOO

WEE JOCK

58 of 58  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 46