CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

8th November 2011, 21:17
Good point Magworth, really hope this isn't the shape of things to come with our beloved RT. Pastille, have glanced at Clueless - good word, I'll try and have a go but we've got a bit of a headachey virus in our house, and thinking too hard aggravates it!jazzgirl, re the goose........no, I'm not even going to ask.
21 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th November 2011, 21:23
Oh it was a real live feathered goose in the park. Nothing more ;)
22 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th November 2011, 21:26
pastille,
I'm sorry there's no way of attaching photos here. I am trying to upload them to the Flickr website. It's a shame we can't have little Avatars like on the "other site"
23 of 58  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

8th November 2011, 21:49
Pastille, I tried to do Clueless but made a pig's ear of it. Please may I go to bed and try again in the morning?
24 of 58  -   Report This Post

pastille

8th November 2011, 21:56
jazzgirl...at least you tried...gold star!

Mrs Trellis...you are excused, please administer a stiff drink and go to bed...all will be well.

p@ x
25 of 58  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

9th November 2011, 08:26
Jazzgirl:

Are you feeling any ill-effects from your encounter with the goose? Was it a Canada goose by any chance? Canada geese in flight amuse me because their formation is so haphazard in comparison to, say, barnacle geese, whose 'v' formation is perfectly
symmetrical.

Pastille:

I was amused to read of your experience in a kasbah [it can be spelt with a c as well] but do you have a different way of spelling that part of your anatomy in Scotland? Did you mean a**e?

With best wishes to you both,

Caravaggio
26 of 58  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

9th November 2011, 08:30
I don't understand why I've got 'perfectly' and 'symmetrical' on two separate lines and, curiously, my post yesterday resulted in a sentence being split in a similar manner. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this has happened?
27 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th November 2011, 08:35
Good morning caravaggio
It was a beautiful Greylag goose. I think there are only a couple of pairs here at the moment. But Canada Geese seem to breed overnight and have outnumbered all the others.
28 of 58  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

9th November 2011, 10:21
Good morning to you too Jazzgirl,

The observation that you've made about Canada geese is very true. It has got to the stage where they need to be culled nationwide and I'm a member of the RSPB. As you've realised by now, I'm in Cheshire and, if you look at a map of the county, you'll find that in a relatively small area there are a lot of meres - Pickmere and Oakmere to name just two - and the Canada geese 'pool-hop' on summer evenings. On more than one occasion, a bowler has started his run-up at Oakmere's cricket ground and the batsman has stepped away as Canada geese, in great numbers, have flown over, honking ad nauseam.

I'm glad you've identified the goose because you will appreciate that these geese in flight are a wonderful sight as opposed to the straggling skein of their Canadian cousins.

Have a good day.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
29 of 58  -   Report This Post

nimrod

9th November 2011, 11:18
Best wishes to all.
Crossword completed (eventually!!) Obviously, 12A did not help!!
As already noted poor/sloppy proof reading.
Some weak clues: I thought 18A lacked imagination.
However, did like 22A!
Regards,
NIMROD
30 of 58  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 46