CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

1st November 2011, 17:10
Hello old gal
I hope the treatment wasn't too bad yesterday. I was thinking about you .
Well, 2d is a TV presenter, Scottish, with long black hair. First 4 letters are anagram, followed by a musical.

Hope you've some sunny weather in your part of the world. Take care.
Jazzgirl
11 of 67  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st November 2011, 17:49
Are you still there online old gal?
I have lost the plot and thought you were still on RT44. Oh dear. If you are on 45, then 2d is a capital city, made up of a short anagram, then another word for "to film"
Sorry for the confusion.
Jazzgirl
12 of 67  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st November 2011, 18:11
Is anyone else having trouble with 19d.?
Just can't see it
13 of 67  -   Report This Post

magworth

1st November 2011, 18:30
jazzgirl - this is a `turn-up` - me helping you! 19d - foreign word for `the` plus a slang name for a home - more likely a flat. Whole word - what a defendant does in court.
14 of 67  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st November 2011, 18:45
cheeers magworth!
It is always the short ones that fox me.
I had thought of that word, but was stupidly looking for a "foreign house" doh!
Now finished it. Thanks
15 of 67  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

1st November 2011, 19:32
Hi, Folks. I was on the verge of using RT45 to light my pipe, then I had another look at 18 across, had a think, and stuck a weird looking name into Google, and I was correct. There are certain programmes I never have watched and never will watch. This answer comes from one such programme.

Best wishes to all invalids and to the able bodied as well.

P
16 of 67  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

1st November 2011, 19:46
Greetings RT-ers, may I join you? I'm finding this hard going this week, getting there but stuck on 15a. Am I looking for a castle? Alao I have 22a but not sure why - I get the confederate but not the rest.
I have to come out as a 'Friends' fan. Get past the very Americanism of it and the laughter track, and it's actually extremely witty(IMHO).
Btw Jazzgirl, greetings from one Southeastener to another (the weather's not good in North Wales).
17 of 67  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st November 2011, 20:03
Good evening Pipesmoker. So pleased you did not use RT to light your pipe.
Welcome Mrs Trellis to this elite club.Good to see you here. You'll have had your tea !!
15A is not just a castle, but also a racecourse, not too far from here (south east-ish)
22A I have the answer, but cannot see why, but it fits! HOping someone can enlighten us.
J

18 of 67  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st November 2011, 20:13
Well, Mrs Trellis, I have been thinking and having thunk, have come up with the following:
in fact = really
about = re.
take one from the other and voila!
19 of 67  -   Report This Post

gypsygirl

1st November 2011, 21:26
Help! What am I looking for in 11 across ? Something meaning " advance" as in money ? I have THREAD .A.E. but am completely stuck. Also not been able to fill in 23 across but that will no doubt come to me. Thanks .
20 of 67  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 45