CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

30th September 2011, 08:31
Nice one, jazzgirl! :0)
11 of 66  -   Report This Post

wendy

30th September 2011, 08:34
As a child, I was made to walk the plank.

We couldn't afford a dog.
12 of 66  -   Report This Post

r ambler

30th September 2011, 08:37
You were lucky you had a plank.......
13 of 66  -   Report This Post

30th September 2011, 08:43
When we were little, my brother had a budgie. One summer moorning my brother decided that the bird neede to stretch his wings outside, so he got a length of string and tied it round the birds leg, and took him into the garden. Needless to say, the bird escaped and flew off, leaving my brother wailing, so my father came to the rescue and caught it with a dipping net! I still laugh now when I remember it - my dad running round the garden, chasing the bird! At least with a plank it can't fly off!
14 of 66  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

30th September 2011, 09:40
Morning all; sallyw, you weren't having to reinstall everything due to a virus were you? A friend of mine just had one which came attached to an email purporting to be from UPS (she was expecting a parcel from them so opened it). This virus wiped absolutely everything, including her operating system - the worst one I've heard of. How on earth are we supposed to avoid them? It has reminded me to get an external hard-drive for backing-up tho, my friend lost all her itunes, photos, etc.
Have a nice day all, keep cool - in every sense :-)
15 of 66  -   Report This Post

30th September 2011, 12:10
Hi Mrs Trellis. Apparently it was a virus, but how it got through I don't know, as I have a very good security system, but somehow it sneaked under the wire. I have all my important stuff backed up on an external hard drive, also on the D drive of my computer, and backed up in Cloud, and it as the C drive that was affected, which is where all my programs live! It was a virus called RedRooster, and it certainly cocked up my C drive
16 of 66  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th September 2011, 12:36
Chips: I believe Goethe's last words were: "More wreaths!"
17 of 66  -   Report This Post

barrycat

30th September 2011, 13:24
Hi Pastille, haven't tried the splits again since the last time. But I'm sure my time will come again.
Kissypoo.
18 of 66  -   Report This Post

30th September 2011, 14:17
I did borrow this from UTNE's web page, but it made me laugh! For sheer entertainment value, you can’t beat the last words of condemned prisoners, particularly if you have a fondness for graveyard humor. Asked by the firing squad commander if he had a last request, James Roges said, "Why yes. A bulletproof vest!" And you’ve got to love a condemned murderer who can continue to cut up from the electric chair. "How about this for a headline in tomorrow’s paper," James French said. "French Fries!

Read more: http://www.utne.com/2002-07-01/famous-last-words.aspx#ixzz1ZRQR0VAD
19 of 66  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th September 2011, 14:34
My favo(u)rite is the French grammarian's- hilarious.
20 of 66  -   Report This Post