CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

keenquizzer

2nd October 2011, 16:47
I know you have no control but it appears to be others that are trying to stop what this will become and you are saying nothing.
Try looking at all the pages for the L quiz and you might get what I mean
Surely you can see that the clue
Should have added her christian name is very similar to an English composer of orchestral works (1862-1934) and her surname is as common as Brown
and what had been said before it was no different to saying the answer is Delia Smith
71 of 77  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

2nd October 2011, 17:13
Keenquizzer. I can assure you that the only reason I 'say nothing' is because I'm not online at the time. I heartily agree that we do not want to see answers or silly hints posted on the internet between now and the closing date.
72 of 77  -   Report This Post

the trolleyman

2nd October 2011, 18:49
I agree that giving too many answers may detract from the "fun" of this quiz but there are still plenty to ponder on.Also I would say that the clue to No. 83 is not strictly a fair one(the other 99 are excellent) and does not necessarily lead one to the answer which was unfortunately given earlier.I shall refrain from any further correspondence on this excellent and very worthy Quiz.
Trolleyman
73 of 77  -   Report This Post

mamya

2nd October 2011, 18:58
Although I do agree and have said so earlier on this thread that answers and very easy clues should not be handed out. I do however feel that the setter has now been placed in a very difficult position here,if he berates people they may say 'Sod it am not buying the quiz then'
Says nothing and is seen to be condoning the clue givers and alienates people who are anti clues.

Let us draw a line and agree to work away at our own pace with all the time available and recommend the quiz to all your family and friends.

Mamya
74 of 77  -   Report This Post

trevor

2nd October 2011, 19:03
as the answer should be known to most by now.
i'd like to defend 83),the Myth of Delius = Delius Myth is a lovely clue.
at least i thought so.
75 of 77  -   Report This Post

keenquizzer

2nd October 2011, 20:34
OK mamya agree with what you are saying its just a first I think for the setter of a quiz to be on a thread where it is being discussed and just wondered at what stage he would be upset by what we both know will happen
76 of 77  -   Report This Post

mamya

2nd October 2011, 22:21
Yes I know and as I say a delicate line to tread for him. Let us hope our comments help make this the success it deserves to be.

No falling out intended.
77 of 77  -   Report This Post