CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

macmillanquizzer

23rd September 2011, 08:35
Thanks for the publicity, everyone. We've currently raised £300 of our £500 target.

Recommendations on Twitter and Facebook are gratefully received!

Please remember to include SAE if requesting a copy by post.

11 of 77  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

23rd September 2011, 11:19
Just a postscript that ought to be self - evident (and I think it is on this forum),after a personal appeal from Richard Cleaver:never reveal answers as such,only tips,to avoid people not ordering and thus donating because they already know all the answers!And to Mrs T.:now have exactly 71 per cent certain after new attempt,but I must say it's a real handicap at this end not knowing many so-called "household names" after so long abroad!Should still like to get to the end,but there are another 68 days until then!Will try & keep to your policy "Only when desperate,and not too early"!!!And to everybody else:enjoy the hunt!
12 of 77  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

23rd September 2011, 11:26
To Wendy:overlooked your posting first.I'm in the Gers,between Toulouse and the Pyrenees,and never intend to leave:it's just marvellous here!Miss some things about UK of course,but buying a computer a couple of years ago for the first time in my life helps naturally to keep us in touch with the so-called "outside world".What splendid isolation,though---even if perhaps only for people old enough to retire.Good luck with the quiz,and keep in touch on this forum!
13 of 77  -   Report This Post

keenquizzer

23rd September 2011, 15:31
But people will give answers or clues so easy they might as well be
and thats an awful shame
It's a cryptic quiz - where you live is irrelevant - solve the clues and look if those people exist if youre not sure
14 of 77  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd September 2011, 15:49
i solved some that i've never heard of (or had forgotten) just from nice clues (quite a few anagrams in there - too early for tips? sorry).
keep at it,long time to go yet.
15 of 77  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

23rd September 2011, 16:30
Still only two entries received so far, by the way.
16 of 77  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

25th September 2011, 11:37
I've now received four completed entries.
17 of 77  -   Report This Post

mamya

25th September 2011, 13:03
Is a great Quiz and really enjoying it.
18 of 77  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

26th September 2011, 07:59
Thanks for your kind words and all your support, Mamya
19 of 77  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

26th September 2011, 08:38
Morning all,
I totally agree with all that's been said, ie I would be happy to help with hints (not answers) nearer the closing time. Also agree that the clues are well constructed and can be worked at from the subsidiary part, then Googled for verification. I'm sure there are lots left that you have heard of, greedykite - keep at it!
20 of 77  -   Report This Post