CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

the trolleyman

2nd October 2011, 14:03
Thanks Suki for your thoughts on 83 which is all I could attach it to.For No. 13 Julie,rub up and relax.
61 of 77  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

2nd October 2011, 14:15
Macmillan Quizzer
Plenty time yet - almost 2 months to go. How about putting it up to the top again - separately from this thread. Also say that you are able to send the quiz out by post with an SAE - which, although it must be a lot of extra work, may suit some people better.
Regards
Julie
62 of 77  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

2nd October 2011, 14:19
Oooh Trolleyman - I didn't see you up there - is that good advice or a clue ? Thank you.
J
63 of 77  -   Report This Post

quizzer01

2nd October 2011, 14:21
thanks suki got 15 now
64 of 77  -   Report This Post

the trolleyman

2nd October 2011, 14:22
Hi Julie
As you will see it is the second half of the clue and it gives the answer when you read the first half as well.
65 of 77  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

2nd October 2011, 14:44
Thanks, Julie. Recommendations on Facebook and Twitter would be appreciated from everyone who would like to help.
66 of 77  -   Report This Post

keenquizzer

2nd October 2011, 14:45
I cant believe as the setter you are going to sit and watch this thread turn into really easy clues which will then become answers and that is the reason your sales will drop off
67 of 77  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

2nd October 2011, 14:54
Hi Trolleyman. I was just my idea of a joke ! Odd sense of humour. See it now - thanks. Don't want to be a party pooper but I wouldn't want to see this thread turn into an answer page or even an overt clue giving page quite so soon following the date the Quiz went on sale. It could affect the number of quiz sheets sold if potential charity givers got the impression it was practically all over and they had missed the boat when in fact the closing date isn't until 25th November. The target hasn't been met yet - it's an excellent charity, a well-crafted quiz so let's hang fire and struggle on for a while yet.
Cheers
Julie
68 of 77  -   Report This Post

quizzer01

2nd October 2011, 14:58
must be brain dead today as i still cant get 13
69 of 77  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

2nd October 2011, 15:02
Thanks for that Julie.
Keenquizzer, Thank you for your concern, but I have no editorial control over this thread. I'm very grateful for the self-discipline displayed thus far and hope that not too much more will be given away. I also hope that the constant posts will generate more interest in the quiz.
70 of 77  -   Report This Post