CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

26th July 2011, 17:57
Hi Wendy,

My friend is staying very positive, thank you for asking.

Glad you got your identity back. Seems to have been a good couple of days on the site.

Still very excited about A.S.O.H.
91 of 107  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

26th July 2011, 18:04
Vice Chair sounds fun, and I have a number of vices, none of them illegal I hasten to add, but all very life-enhancing! I have decided that I am an oenophile - sounds much nmore sophisticated than wino!
92 of 107  -   Report This Post

tonyw

26th July 2011, 18:07
you have been watching Pointless!Sally
93 of 107  -   Report This Post

pastille

26th July 2011, 18:09
Sallyw,

Thank you for that. Your right, oenophile sounds much better.

Glad to here your feeling a bitty better.
94 of 107  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

26th July 2011, 19:02
Chatup lines, Pastille. Excellent.

My favourite is 'Hello, there. Do you have a sister called Cinderella?'

Keep them coming.
P
95 of 107  -   Report This Post

twm

26th July 2011, 19:03
I was considering applying for Observer status in the ASOH but I am in some trepidation lest my tendency to seek (if not always find) accuracy be misinterpreted and result in my being blackballed, like the pariah D (o) TW.

It appears that a flaw occurred in the early annals of the movement, for when, in the dim, distant posts past, Pipesmoker did propose the establishment of the now venerable A.S.O.H. with words which I presumed to be an ‘hommage’ to Blue Peter and which I have been so bold as to make CAPITAL:

“There will be no regalia or unusual handshakes, but it is recommended that members write the letters. A.S.O.H. on a piece of STICKY BACK paper, and adhere this to the forehead, ”(Pipesmoker, Post 1)

Barely 7 posts had passed ere the esteemed Joker apparently misread this, even threatening to leave on account of consequent misinterpretation, viz:

“The choice of the mandatory BLACK paper appears to act against certain nationalities, as it would not be instantly seen by other other ASOHs.” The Joker, in Post 8

Now I am under-sure what to do. Perhaps a period of mulling is required.
96 of 107  -   Report This Post

26th July 2011, 19:07
tonyw, yes I did watch Pointless, but that was a word I was very familiar with - knew all the ducks too!
97 of 107  -   Report This Post

26th July 2011, 19:10
Chat up lines - "Do you lie on your stomach in bed? "No." "Well can I?" Someone actually said that to me once! Subtle it ain't, and no it didn't work for me, but it made me laugh!
98 of 107  -   Report This Post

the joker

26th July 2011, 22:42
Yes Twm I plead guilty to misreading "Back" as "Black" in my first post,I really must be more circumspect in future.

I did find it out of character for Pipesmoker,but there again one never knows.

I have reconsidered my position and have applied to myself for reinstatement,which I have granted.

My regret here is that most of the exciting offices have now been taken up by the zealots,so I will have to be content to remain in my customary lowly position.
99 of 107  -   Report This Post

pastille

26th July 2011, 22:46
TJ...

Vice Chair is still up for grabs.

I think you would be good.

p@ x
100 of 107  -   Report This Post