CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

24th July 2011, 17:37
Joker. Please reconsider your reconsideration. I feel it is necessary to have your voice present while we sing. Also, your life time's experience will help to keep us on the straight and narrow.

P.

PS, Haven't won any crosswords this week. Not even a freebie to the cinema. Also, I don't know the multi millionaires from Largs, and I am pretty sure they won't want to know me.

Best wishes.

P
31 of 107  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

24th July 2011, 17:48
TJ have you tried fettling?
32 of 107  -   Report This Post

susan

24th July 2011, 18:22
Hello TJ, sorority indeed! Don't think so. I reckon the men are just being shy. Him indoors is totally brill at finishing my sentences and nattering on for hours about this and that, just as qualified as me for membership. In fact, I'm thinking of having a word with Seb Coe to see if he'd like to introduce a new Olympic event, filling in silent gaps with as many words as possible. I promise you, him indoors would be on that podium, no sweat! I've already entered him for the snoring event. So that'd be 2 gold medals for the mantelpiece. Come on you guys, admit it. You've all nominated yourselves for full membership and you've been accepted. You're just giving us girls the silent treatment. We know you're there!
33 of 107  -   Report This Post

the joker

24th July 2011, 18:35
Sally W
Don't know the word fettling. Does it have something to do with chipping at edges of pottery?
Or is this some local dialect un- beknown to us refined people from Edinburgh? Would I find it exciting and pleasurable?
Please advise.
TJ
ASOH (Emeritus)
34 of 107  -   Report This Post

disgusted, tunbridge wells

24th July 2011, 18:37
What utter tosh and drivel!
35 of 107  -   Report This Post

the joker

24th July 2011, 18:41
Pipesmoker
I thought that keeping to the straight and narrow was the antithesis of haverers.
Anyway my voice is in the course of breaking,having reached the age of puberty,so cannot really assist in the choral side of the ritual.
36 of 107  -   Report This Post

wendy

24th July 2011, 18:43
Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells,

Yeah, I went there once and didn't like it much either!

Next time you post, please remember to use the word "of"
so that you can be

Disgtusted of Tunbridge Wells

Wendy A.S.O.H
37 of 107  -   Report This Post

wendy

24th July 2011, 18:45
sorry about the extra "t"
38 of 107  -   Report This Post

the joker

24th July 2011, 18:45
Susan
I feel you have annoyed Tunbridge Wells here.
He/She is obviously unsuited to be initiated and I for one will be placing a black ball in the bag.
39 of 107  -   Report This Post

siamcat

24th July 2011, 18:55
Dear fellow members (can we be fellows if we are of the feminine persuasion?)

I have sent myself my CV, which I must say was beoootifully ritten wth vary fw speling misteaks (and no apostrophes in the wrong place - well, actually, just no apostrophes).

After careful consideration I have allowed myself the honour of joining this august band of haverers and have been diligently practising on the dog.

Yours Havershiply
S
xx
40 of 107  -   Report This Post