CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

24th July 2011, 15:23
Lovely word, think I shall try and get it into conversation today.
21 of 107  -   Report This Post

wendy

24th July 2011, 15:25
May we safely assume that Helenb is now Hon. Secretary and that Mrs. Trellis is Hon. Treasurer....?

All those in favour....

Wendy A.S.O.H.
22 of 107  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

24th July 2011, 15:42
Aye!
23 of 107  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

24th July 2011, 15:45
Can I be Sergeant-at-Arms? I have a small catapult and a pea-shooter from back in the day! oh, and a yo-yo, which I believe was once used as a weapon by somebody, which I'm sure somebody knows.
24 of 107  -   Report This Post

mamya

24th July 2011, 16:33
Aye!!

I have a Bosun's whistle, I can pipe the captain aboard.
25 of 107  -   Report This Post

susan

24th July 2011, 16:59
Good evening members, just arrived home to find everyone's been getting nicely organised this afternoon. Thank you so much Wendy for the full and hilarious version of Paddy McGinty's Goat. I'm still laughing. Hello Mrs Trellis, I heard you on the radio today. You were very funny. So, lots of laughs today. Much needed after all the sad news at the moment. Just one query, do we have a tune to accompany the words Wendy? If not, don't worry, I'll see how it fits with Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the Midday Sun. (Huh, midday sun my foot. It's still dreary here in dampest Devon).

Susan
A.S.O.H.
26 of 107  -   Report This Post

the joker

24th July 2011, 17:13
Pipesmoker
It is with great reluctance that I am informing you that I am seriously considering my withdrawal from ASOH.

It appears to me that it is becoming a SORORITY rather than for both sexes.

Given its aims etc,I must say that I am not surprised at this, as
" Havering " is more attractive to the distaff side rather than us males.

Yours,

The(strong and silent) Joker.
27 of 107  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

24th July 2011, 17:14
Thank you all so much for responding. I feared that I was the only person in the world who could hear his own voice rambling on, without a clue how to extricate myself from the situation.

I would heartily endorse all suggestions made. Susan, if you can download either Val Doonican or Brendan O'Dowda, you will quickly pick up the tune for Paddy McGinty's Goat.

The colour of paper used should, perhaps, be left to personal choice, thereby re-enforcing the multi cultural society that we represent on this forum

Thank you all again. I am now going to re-read your comments.

Pipesmoker A.S.O.H.
28 of 107  -   Report This Post

susan

24th July 2011, 17:24
Pipesmoker, I'm a bit troubled by the prospect of downloading Val Doonican. Would that be by crane offload or flat pack and would I be expected to provide spare cardigans? Couldn't I just provide my own suitable accompaniment, please?
29 of 107  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

24th July 2011, 17:29
By all means, Susan. I guess by now, if you were to download Val doonican, he would come complete with zimmer frame.

Best wishes.

P
30 of 107  -   Report This Post