CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

disgusted of tunbridge wells

10th June 2011, 20:00
More nitpicking. Still no sensible response to what I have said. None of you people can be said to have completed the puzzle yourself. I repeat you are a bunch of cheats.
251 of 339  -   Report This Post

peterm

10th June 2011, 20:03
Whether it’s cheating or not is a matter of opinion, D of TW. I, personally, do not think so. I think it is just a group of like-minded people getting together to solve crossword clues. Who, or what we are cheating escapes me. But as I said, it is a matter of opinion.

What is beyond doubt is the stupidity of someone seeking out a forum called “Crossword Help Forum” for the sole purpose of taking umbrage at people – surprise, surprise – giving help to solve crosswords. Goodness me, D of TW, surely you’ve got better things to do with your time?

The above is a rhetorical question. No reply required.
252 of 339  -   Report This Post

sallyw

10th June 2011, 20:12
You are absolutely right peterm. it seems that some people have nothing better to do with their time than winge.
253 of 339  -   Report This Post

ajt

10th June 2011, 20:13
Why does anyone bother to respond - it'sonly fanning the flame. As far as I'm concerned the whole point of this thread was the sheer joy of working with like minds. It isn't the winning that matters but the fun of taking part. And this reply is not meant for who is it? - that old Mrs Grundy - Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells. I'm not about to hide behind a pseudonym - Audrey Thomas
254 of 339  -   Report This Post

sallyw

10th June 2011, 20:17
Thank you Audrey for putting things into perspective - the voice of reason.
255 of 339  -   Report This Post

rosalind

10th June 2011, 20:20
D of TW. have you really nothing better to do? This "non-crossword" is beyond me, I don't even understand the instructions. But with help from the people on the Forum I'm learning to do the Times Jumbo Cryptic on Saturdays. No, I don't send it in but if I can ever do all but the last one or two without help, I might. By then I'd hope to be able to help others. I wouldn't regard that as cheating. If you do, we'll have to agree to differ.It's an emotive word.

From the age of 12 to 18, my sons used to do a magic show.If the party was for children over the age of 6, one little boy (and it nearly always was) would yell "You cheated". The magicians, according to taste and how much the child had annoyed them so far, would reply "Yes we do, so what?", or "Do come up and show us all how it's done, then" or "But I do it so well". Go figure.
256 of 339  -   Report This Post

10th June 2011, 20:33
"it isn't the winning that matters". post 254.

YOU also said "I do hope that its one of our number that wins". post 225.

Self-delusion on an epic level.
257 of 339  -   Report This Post

sallyw

10th June 2011, 20:39
Gwtting boring now disgusted. Please climb down off your soapbox of righteousness and get a life you like.
258 of 339  -   Report This Post

10th June 2011, 20:48
All you can do is resort to insults. That must be because you know really that you are a bunch of cheats.
259 of 339  -   Report This Post

sallyw

10th June 2011, 21:02
That was not an insult, but a suggestion!
260 of 339  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » genius 96