CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

agatha

12th November 2010, 21:52
Please excuse my question I am new joined only yesterday usually do Daily Mail but am intrigued to know what RT stands for ,probably very obvious but bear with me I will catch up.
51 of 68  -   Report This Post

robtherich

12th November 2010, 21:59
Dearest Lady: It's the Radio Times - a crossword of variable standards but enviable prizes
52 of 68  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

12th November 2010, 22:04
Robtherich: I seem to recall that Charlie's Human gently rebuked one of our number for mistakenly assuming that she was male! Your response to Agatha is a beautifully-worded rejoinder.
53 of 68  -   Report This Post

r

12th November 2010, 22:14
Ta!
54 of 68  -   Report This Post

robtherich

12th November 2010, 22:16
A real oopsie - r is revealed as robtherich coz of a maltypement!
55 of 68  -   Report This Post

charlies human

12th November 2010, 22:22

I guess my comment didn't come across in the lighthearted manner I had intended, for which I apologise. I shall take it as forgiveness if someone will please help me with 19d!
56 of 68  -   Report This Post

robtherich

12th November 2010, 22:30
Sorry, Charlie... Can't help as posted completion this morn, so don't have the clues.

Just wanted to add an elucidation of previous unreadable neologism: mal (wrong) type (bash with fingers on plastic tiles) ment (way of ending word in a nouny sort of way)
57 of 68  -   Report This Post

mandala

12th November 2010, 23:05
Here's a couple of alternative clues for 19D:-

Artic hut encloses trough

Swiss on Australian pickup gutter
58 of 68  -   Report This Post

charlies human

13th November 2010, 08:29

Thank you Mandala - now I can spend my weekend obsessing about other things!
59 of 68  -   Report This Post

mondrian

13th November 2010, 15:00
Caravaggio and Nimrod. Yes between you, you have managed to let me finish the crossword. Thanks for all the imaginative clues. As usual I am kicking myself for not getting either of them myself. My brain seems to get onto a one track and for 16A I couldn`t get `car` out of my mind and for 5D I was searching for some variation on Truman. And just imagine after pouring over art books for years, I even missed the name of a famous artist!!

Glad you have come back to us Charlies Human. Pinot Grigio is a very popular white wine and I could go a glass or two myself! Well done to Caravaggio in managing to refrain from the hard stuff for 13 years - not easily done. Good luck Chris4food with the house removal.

After the wild weather we all seem to have had I doubt if anywhere has much autumn colours left now and certainly not in Strathclyde Region! If you read this John d`Arran fellow resident of same region, hope you are ok.

Have a good weekend everyone.
60 of 68  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 46