CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

navigator

10th November 2010, 21:14
Many thanks old gal and butterfly for your kind thoughts.
31 of 68  -   Report This Post

chris4food

11th November 2010, 00:34
Hi Mondrian, glad to see someone missed me! I'm a bit of a newcomer to this site, so feel a bit intimidated by everyone's know-how-what and companionship.... but, I enjoy joining in when I can. Missed a couple of weeks 'cos was visiting one of my daughters - and was overtaken by events - two of my grandchildren making [welcome]demands..... suffice to say, with [welcome] demands of being a grandmother, and [not so welcome demands of buying and] moving house - the RT crossword sometimes takes a very-bregruding second place
That all sounds so garbled - it must be the Pinot Grigio talking.....
32 of 68  -   Report This Post

old gal

11th November 2010, 09:59
Hi Chris4food - you need lots of pino grigio when moving house - I have moved 3 times in the last 6 years so know whereof I speak! Good luck with the move and hope you settle. I feel I am one of the dimmer bulbs in this box but enjoy the banter from the regulars.
33 of 68  -   Report This Post

philip

11th November 2010, 10:51
Chris and Old Gal
One of the joys of this weekly thread is the way people help each other.
Dont think that because you ask for help you are any "dimmer" than the rest of us. THere are many crosswords that I just cant get into, and the reason I started doing the RT one was because I eventually found I could understand (most of) the compilers mind. I would never attempt to try any of the complicated Sunday puzzles, but I admire those who do.
One final thought, before I jet off to sunnier climates, just think where you were a few months ago and how you have progressed since.
PHILIP
34 of 68  -   Report This Post

chris4food

11th November 2010, 15:29
Hi Philip and Old Gal - well, a few months ago I was still in this house!! Hey Old Gal, you can never have too much Pinot Grigio!!!
Philip, have a great hol - altho I don't envy you the sunshine - just take the rain with you - please!!
Here's to next week's puzzle...
Chris
35 of 68  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

11th November 2010, 22:09
Hi all'
Any chance of a correct answer to 4 down, which

should give me a few starts - apparently without disturbing anyone too much?
Cheers.
36 of 68  -   Report This Post

nimrod

12th November 2010, 09:02
flipper2law: A roll of banknotes might be termed a "wad" of notes - if you inject (put into that word an O from "over") then you have a old-fahioned name of a dye.
Hope this helps!
37 of 68  -   Report This Post

nimrod

12th November 2010, 09:05
...Very sorry about the typing errors, obviously need another cup of coffee to get the brain into gear!
38 of 68  -   Report This Post

bees

12th November 2010, 13:39
Navigator - I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I hope you can all come to terms with it soon. Nimrod- I'm glad to see you're on the mend.
Asperger - I hope you got my apology in RT45. Philip - have a good holiday (sob). Bicarb - sorry to see that some sick scum has forced John d'A to assume a secret identity. That tagline will be sorely missed. Chris4food- glad you've found Poser of the Day. My stuff may not be funny, but it's original. Oh yes, the crossword! Much easier this week, happily, once I went back 50 years for the President.
39 of 68  -   Report This Post

navigator

12th November 2010, 14:25
Thankyou Bees.
40 of 68  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 46