CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

10th November 2010, 15:44
Hope I am in time to wish Philip a good holiday in sunny Florida. I had a holiday there once in June but didn`t like the terrifying thunder and lightening storms but Philip should be ok as I think the season for these is now over.

Haven`t finished crossword yet but can`t remember which ones are undone.

Glad to see you back Chris4food. Missed you last week
21 of 68  -   Report This Post

old gal

10th November 2010, 16:01
Hello everyone! Lovely sunny day today and what great autumn colours we have had this year! Navigator - sorry I am so late to sympathise with your loss!
Philip - have a great holiday!
Nimrod - hope you are continuing the good progress!
Right - am stuck on 12a and 3d (amongst others!) so any further help appreciated. Re 23a - this clue seems very familiar. Haven't we had this one recently or am I thinking of a different Xword?
22 of 68  -   Report This Post

karen

10th November 2010, 16:29
Hi old gal, 12a Think of a vurnable spot (Greek chap,his armour didnt cover this bit)
3d Trying to think of a half decent clue
23a Salng term for a prison officer
I dont remember it being in a recent RT xword
23 of 68  -   Report This Post

karen

10th November 2010, 16:31
Sorry, that should be 'slang'
24 of 68  -   Report This Post

karen

10th November 2010, 16:37
Hi old gal, 3d another word to manipulate,with an r as the second letter. Hope that helps and I've not confused you further!
25 of 68  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

10th November 2010, 17:03
Yes, Karen, it's difficult to explain that clue isn't it? I could suggest to Old Gal that the answer is the trade name of a pair of jeans without the s so they obviously wouldn't be Levis!
26 of 68  -   Report This Post

butterfly

10th November 2010, 17:05
So sorry to hear of your loss Navigator.
Well actually managed to finish this weeks by myself sitting in the car on Exmouth's seafront in the lovely sunshine - very cold outside though. Liked 12a and 3d. Funny how people like/dislike different clues.
27 of 68  -   Report This Post

old gal

10th November 2010, 18:27
Thanks Karen - cant see how you would get to 12a though! Am trawling through my knowledge of prison slang and now have 3d (thanks to Caravaggio - good hint!) Haven't done too badly on this one but not finished yet. Will probably post again.
28 of 68  -   Report This Post

karen

10th November 2010, 20:12
Hi old gal,re 12a A+Chill (cold)+shes (that woman) +eel (fish)= weak spot.Hope I made that clear!
23a (hint) anagram of crews.
Hope that helps x
29 of 68  -   Report This Post

karen

10th November 2010, 20:24
Hi Caravaggio, Much better clue than mine for 3d! Wish I'd thought of it!
30 of 68  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 46